“Cosy town hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ilmenau
London
“Cosy town hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at Lindenhof for two nights and thought it was very comfortable. The service was good and the breakfast was good. It was within walking distance from the main bus terminal and on the "high street". The rooms were basic but for the price were good value. I was disappointed with the view as all I could see was a wall on the other side of the hotel.

Ilmenau is a nice little town but difficult to get to from the UK. Had to travel from Frankfurt airport then drive all the way or get public transport (two trains and a bus).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Lindenhof in Ilmenau, in the German state of Thuringia in November 2010, I was there for two nights, and stayed in bed and breakfast accommodation. I was working in Ilmenau, and my host paid for my accommodation, so I do not know how much a room would typically cost. The hotel was regarded by the people from Ilmenau who I met as being the town’s best hotel, and I have no reason to doubt that, as it really is a lovely place.

The hotel is centrally located and it is easy to walk the whole of Ilmenau from there. A taxi from the railway station to the hotel costs 4.50 Euros. Make sure that you stay on the train until it comes to the end of its journey, as there is another Ilmenau station.

The hotel décor is traditional, yet stylish and elegant. It is very cosy. The reception is large and bright, the lady on reception was incredibly helpful and made me feel very welcome, she also spoke excellent English. There is also a lift to all floors, and wi-fi is available, but you need to buy vouchers (5 Euros for 3 hours connection time I believe).

My bedroom (206) was FABULOUS, it had a mini-bar, king sized bed, two chairs, a desk, huge mirror, and flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom, was HUGE, it needs to be seen to be believed! It had a toilet, shower, sink etc and was very modern. The entire room was just luxurious and I really felt that I was staying somewhere special.

Breakfast was very good, with continental as well as bacon, scrambled eggs and sausages all on a buffet. The quality of the food is excellent, and the waitresses were lovely.

There is a beautifully decorated bar / bistro with a lovely airy conservatory, and the food there is SUPERB. Try some of the Thuringian dishes, there are menus available in English.

Overall on the strength of my experience of staying at the Hotel Lindenhof, I would DEFINITELY recommend it, it really is a great little hotel.

I have made a video review of the hotel, it is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JusLmWSGbgg

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Lindenhof? Share your experiences!