“Great food and great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 226 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: American
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food was really good. The servers had a good attitude and went out of their way to get us what we wanted. The menu had a lot of choices, which made if difficult to decide what to order.

Visited September 2012

Mesquite, Texas
“Why is Cracker Barrel so popular?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I don't get it. Every time we drive past Cracker Barrel the parking lot is jammed, but the dining experience is average at best and I have no idea why so many people love this place. Seating is hard and uncomfortable, my chicken & dumplings were microwaved, the vegetables tasted canned and you always have to walk through their annoying gift shop. I'm sure we'll never go back unless we're on a road trip and need a "safe" place to eat. I

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Very Efficient! Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have not been to a Cracker Barrel in a number of years and decided to try this location for breakfast this morning. When I pulled into the parking lot my first thought was "this place is crowded and to prepare myself for a long wait and bad experience". Quite the opposite - that is the reason for this review. I was seated is less than 5 minutes, greeted by a very pleasant and competent young man (Nathan) who took our drink orders and welcomed us to the establishment. He got the process started very well with menus and nice conversation. The whole dining experience was flawless, which as we all know is rare. This all points to great management and staff all working together. I will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Garland, Texas, United States
“Alas... Stopped going to Cracker Barrel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Food is good and love to look through their "country store".
BUT...
Do not like their gravy as it has an odd taste compared to all other southern cream gravies.
Always ordered Cracker Barrel Chocolate Cobbler!
Stopped going as they were always "out" or it was "still in the oven" ??
How could an efficient kitchen manager/store manager continue to allow this to happen?
Stopped giving them my money as obviously they do not need it if items on their menu are time sensitive to un-available.
Decided to isolate myself from the irritation.
OR...
Maybe it's just God telling me I do not need all the sugar, fat and calories Cracker Barrel serves?

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
1,778 reviews 1,778 reviews
1,298 restaurant reviews
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have stopped at several Cracker Barrel Restaurants when traveling and we were very hesitate in meeting family at this location as recent past experiences have not been all that good. Nevertheless we met the group here for breakfast and found the experience to be much better than at other locations. We were promptly seated even though we had a large party. Coffee was served quickly and we placed our orders. All the orders arrived at the same time and each one of them was correct. The eggs were cooked as we each ordered and they were hot. I had the grits which were very good as was the biscuit and gravy. The bacon was cooked per our order.The coffee was good but not outstanding. The service was excellent with a very friendly waitress. Just wish all locations could have the same quality of food and service.

• Visited June 2012