“BED BUGS” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Mesquite
Dallas, Texas
“BED BUGS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed in room 111. BED BUGS! We did not realize it until we got home and we had bites everywhere. Don't stay at this hotel! Hotel is worn down. I asked the General Manager when they were going to put in Flat Screen Televisions and he told me in a couple of months. I think that was just a line. With that said, we won't be back because of the BED BUGS!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Shawnee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had live roaches crawl on us in the middle of the night! ACK! The next morning when we complained we were told they were without a manager right now. They refunded us only HALF the room cost and we left. We realized after leaving that we had bed bug bites all over our legs. This hotel was NOT clean and I would NEVER stay there again. So much for 100% satisfaction guaranteed!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Loganville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

A good location, very clean, handy to restaurants, great service, great breakfast except the orange juice was watery.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012 via mobile

My company flew me into DFW and booked me the room. Upon check in I was told the only reserved the room so I ended up paying for it ($75). The room was a king bed suite, very clean and welcoming. There are ample restaurants withing walking from the hotel to include a Walmart. In the morning I went to grab what I thought would be your typical cheap hotel breakfast, but I was so wrong. Bacon, biscuits&gravy, and eggs were out, along with waffles and the usual bagels. Checkout was the usual "here's the keys". You could probably my find cheaper rooms elsewhere, but don't over look this place.

• Stayed February 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. This particular property has just recently started sharing fresh-baked cookies upon arrival; and after a seven-hour car ride, both my husband and I found that to be a welcome touch.
We had booked a room with a king-size bed. The room's decor was very nice and it was obvious that whomever had cleaned our room took great pride in her work. I have no areas of concern regarding the room's overall appearance. Even though it initially felt a bit stuffy; it cooled down nicely while we were out for the evening.
I was a little fearful about having a room on the first floor, worrying that we might hear people walking above us, making it difficult to sleep. But, there was no reason for concern because once we closed the door, we never heard anything else from any of the rooms around us.
I did wake up once during the night and heard the shower dripping. (I forgot to report this to the front desk during our check-out; and hopefully they will notice this and get it fixed.) The built-in night light in the wall-mounted hair dryer was not working, and after using the dryer for about three minutes the next morning, it suddenly quit. Fortunately, my hair was almost dry and I was able to get by without it.
While there, we logged onto the Internet, and had a great connection. We didn't need the refrigerator in our room this time; but always appreciate having one. We did enjoy the pool/hot tub area during our stay, and found it to be adequate. I wanted to use the exercise equipment also; but we were late getting back to the hotel and did not have time to visit both the exercise room and the pool area the next morning.
Breakfast was standard continental with a waffle machine, sausage, biscuits, gravy, and a nice assortment of muffins and pastries along with both hot and cold cereal selections. There were three or four types of coffees available, along with juice and fresh fruit. I personally found the folded egg with cheese (great on a biscuit) to be one of my favorite options. The breakfast room attendant kept things stocked and was busy replenishing food while we were in there.
Both the check-in and check-out process was very pleasant. We would not hesitate to recommend this property to any of our friends or family in the future. I hope we can come back again one day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel for Thanksgiving. Both years our stay has been nice. The rooms are large. Ours had two queen beds, a pull out couch, two TV, a microwave, and a mini refrigerator. The bathroom was clean and water pressure good. The hotel has a breakfast in the morning. It has hot food like eggs, sausage and biscuits. A waffle maker. It also has yogurt,cereal, bagels, and Danishes. Coffee, juice and milk.

The hotel also has an indoor pool, with a smaller hot tub. Additionally, there is a small workout room. They also allow pets to stay in the room which is a huge help.

Both nights we slept well. I found the hotel to be quiet. I also liked the fact that they gave their staff some time off for the holiday. As a guest I had to go down to get clean towels but that was not a big deal to me. I rather give the hard working people some time off.

The hotel is less than 10 minutes from our family and makes a good place to stay for the holidays. We will continue to make this our home during the Thanksgiving holidays.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

From the view point that a hotel is a place to sleep, the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Mesquite is adequate. The King bed is comfortable, though the room is a bit loud. A major detractor was the incredibly noxious chemical cleaner smell that was prevalent throughout the hotel. As for the "bright side breakfast", don't count on it. Hotel was nowhere near capacity during our stay, but the one lonesome woman working the breakfast bar couldn't keep up - not saying it was her fault, rather the management needs to invest a little more in this part of the hotel.
Bottom line: you'd probably be ok to stay here if you are deaf, your nose is stopped up, AND you don't Need to eat!

• Stayed October 2011

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite? Share your experiences!