“Comfortable and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
Reston, Virginia
“Comfortable and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped for one night after arriving in Dallas. Although the rooms could use some updating to get to 5 stars from me, it was clean and comfy. The staff were friendly and helpful. The usual HI amenities apply...good free hot breakfast, coffee and tea all day in the lobby, comfy bed with fresh white duvet cover and sheets ( love white, nowhere for stains to hide!) and great plentiful pillows. Great hot shower with good water pressure and adjustable shower head. We are now moving on to Houston and our next Hampton Inn. Prefer to stay at HI whenever possible. Best value in my opinion!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newalla, oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Friendly staff, and good accommodations. I would refer a friend as well as a family member. We left a tablet in my room and the front desk checked with housekeeping and it was found. The Hotel is sending my tablet free of charge, that was very comforting to know that the staff is on top of pleasing the customer. I have no complaints it compares to most hotels you expect to stay in. Good staff, clean room, perfect bed. I didn't care too much for the pillows, but other than that it was good. they had a chair in the room that I would like to have in my own sitting room. Very comfortable. It was close to restaurants in the area. The staff provided a list of near by restaurants they even put them in categories. All within a ten minute drive.

Auroram CO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Far enough outside of downtown Dallas to be quite; close enough to access downtown within about 30 minutes or so. (This excludes traffic...which is the only downside of the location is that you join all the Eastern commuters on the interstates to get into/out of town.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lawrence w, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Good Day Michael W,

I hope my e-mail finds you doing well. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for staying with us! We hope that you stay with us the next time you are in the Mesquite area.

Carthage, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

In town for business for 1 night. Rooms are somewhat dated but clean and that means alot to me.
Breakfast was good but the server was not keeping it serviced at all! Had to wait for everything including the coffee .... And it wasn't busy at all.
Check-In was exceptional upon arrival and departure!

Stayed July 2014
Good Day Lfreeman F,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our front office staff that checked you in and out! Also thank you for making us aware of our service shortfall in our breakfast area during your stay. I will be sure to speak with the team and read your comments.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We can only improve if we know each and every issue our guest encounter. We hope that you stay with us the next time you are in the Mesquite area.

Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My Boyfriend and I recently travelled to Texas for a holiday. We spent 4 nights at the hotel while visiting the Dallas area. I have mixed feelings about this property. The rooms are clean, but a little dated. The bed wasn't very comfortable. The other areas of the hotel were much better. The pool was great, and the lobby and breakfast area seemed to have been updated well. The staff was mostly good. We had to move rooms when we got there and they handled it really well. One day the room attendant came to clean the room while we were still there. We were going to leave soon, and I asked her to come back in ten minutes. She was very abrasive, and didn't speak english, so just kept saying that she had to clean room, and would not leave. I eventually just closed the door on her so I could finish getting ready to leave. I understand that she has a language barrier, but I feel that the hotel should be more on top of making sure their staff can deal with issues, and a language barrier is not an excuse for bad service. When I checked out and they asked how my stay was, I made a comment about the beds being really bad, and the girl behind the counter literally laughed at me. I wasn't impressed by that at all. I work in customer service, so that really makes or breaks a business for me. I wasn't even super mad about the beds, it was just a comment, not in a joking tone though, and the reaction really made me mad. The hotel isn't bad, and the location is ok, but make sure that all your staff are trained to handle customer service properly, not just the few good ones you seem to have.

Good Day Sandhills91,

.Please allow me to apologize for your unpleasant experience. I will not make any excuses from my staff’s behavior. What I will say is that we have read your comments to all of our housekeeping attendants and retrained all. We also did the same with our front office team.

west memphs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean, the staff was both friendly and professional. We had a great time in the pool with the kids and of course the breakfast was a definite plus! I was truly surprised with the full kitchen in the rooms but I really liked it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lawrence w, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Good Day Janice W,

I think it’s safe to call this a perfect stay! I’m so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed our hotel. Our staff works very hard to make every stay as great as yours!

I will be sure to share your comments with the team. We hope that you stay with us the next time you are in the Mesquite area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Hotel was coveniently located. The room was clean and quiet with fantastic service. The breakfast was awesome. I had trouble accessing the internet via Wifi as so did other guest, but would stay here again next time we are in area.

Good Day Normanc535,

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. It’s true; on occasion our WiFi is somewhat suspect! We added two additional access points in June. We believe this will eliminated our past issues with connection.

Lawrence Williams

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite? Share your experiences!