“A business trip ?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Neckargemund B&B and Inns
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A business trip ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I wanted a hotel in Mannheim, I ended up in Neckargemund. from this statement you will know I am not familiar with the area .:-)
Before booking I read the 2 other reveiws of this hotel - and even so decided to stay - it looked possible since I had to travel daily to mannheim and after all the hotel is 4*.
None of the other options came close to this(or were miles from public transport).

The hotel is a long way from Mannheim. I arrived late and checked in.
The train is efficient and simple (Note to D Bahn - the ticket machines foiled me - I had to buy from a person)

There is no lift - I was in the main building on the top floor, the room in one of the photos - which I had already seen so I could hardly be disatisfied.
The room was clean and tidy and had all that I need (although over 200 TV channels was a distraction - but at least several were in english.Not as common as you might think even in chain hotels)

There was no Tea coffee facilites - but all I had to do was ask and it was brought to the room.
The Hotel is not a large chain it is small and personal, with personality Quircky you might say. The decor is Boutique with themes, which were to my taste.
The facilites are fine ,
Breakfaast is spread through the area near reception -small rooms and the corridor - but the selection is adequate , although not that much hot(which is so often extremely disappointing to me anyway)
There are a couple of restauarants nearby in what to me seemed a small town with a great setting (Italian, plus some local style eateries) - did I mention its very beautiful here
Having told reception that I am Vegetarian and Coeliac , which in my experience in Germany makes eating out difficult -particualry with my complete lack of decent german.
I asked about the best possiblity of a meal - they said we will take you to our restuarant.....a 5 minute drive and I was there....

Die Rainbach...check it out. It was a cold evening out of season. The setting is MAGNIFICENT on the river with trees around in the gardens and a large Balcony. It dates from the 1600's and has character
I was told that a German chancellor, sports stars and others had visited - and I believe it.
from my experience this was 5 Star plus.
After being seated I was given an aperitif - it was delicious Aperol(?) (Italian) in Champagne
The meal was:
Starter a mixed salat - really good
Main - Omlettes fines herbs plus Asparagus in Saffron Hollandaise and new potatoes - I heard the chef making this and it was positively outstanding
I thought it couldn’t get any better...
Desert - a home made Limoncello Ice cream with strawberries and cream. The limoncello Ice cream was really good subtle and delicate - unlike limocello!
Followed by Expresso and Averna (An Italian Digestive)
Overall the meal was one of the best experiences I have had in Germany - the service and care in the restaurant was world class, the waiter was brilliant.

After this I really enjoyed the Hotel and all its quirks.
I had to leave early on the Friday - before breakfast. I asked reception, they organised a taxi(liasing with my by phone to check details several times). They said they would leave breakfast for me.
When I went down there was more food than I could eat in a week, cheeses, fruit gluten free crackers...plus the owner appeared and offered to cook me eggs and tomatoes - how could I refuse keep thinking about the breakfast and wishing Id eaten more :-)
I can only speak as I find - this stay was really great, the service was first class, the Hotel and facilities were as described-and for me better than the other reviews.
Overall I would go back to visit as a tourist since this area was wonderful and in spring autumn I imagine beautiful - and with heidelberg so near there is a lot to do.
Thanks ART-Hotel Neckargemund I really enjoyed my stay...I wish all business trips were like that!

Room Tip: Ask for the best rooms on the top floor - so long as you dont mind stairs. These rooms are quiet eve...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to ART-Hotel Neckar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about ART-Hotel Neckar

Address: Hauptstrasse 40, 69151 Neckargemund, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Location: Germany > Baden-Wurttemberg > Neckargemund
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 B&Bs / Inns in Neckargemund
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your ART-Hotel Neckar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage ART-Hotel Neckar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.