“Nice Place, Middle of Nowhere.” 4 of 5 stars

Romantik Hotel Hirschen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dr. Boecalestrasse 2, 92331 Parsberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Parsberg
Wiesbaden
“Nice Place, Middle of Nowhere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

If your vacation or business takes you to Parsberg, Germany, you are either a nature lover, or you have lot of small community type business. The Oberpfalz is certainly a nice place to visit, and so is the Romantik Hotel Hirschen. The staff is very pleasant, but as in any small town setting, it may take a moment to find someone speaking fluent English, but in general they try to help and support most guest wishes. The Hotel is a family run place, with a pleasant and well staffed kitchen, and even high speed internet access included. The Hotel actually consists of two buildings across the street from each other, with a central check-in. They do a lot of fresh food items, jams and jellies, their own butchery, etc, as well as items you can buy and take home. My room faced the main street, and though they don't have A/C, it does have a unique cooling system that in conjunction with the fan kept the room very nicely cool. The Room was adequately sized, not overly spacious, but big enough. The bath was, most of all, clean, though basic in its accoutrements. It was nearly as large as the bedroom, and also had a window facing the front. The restaurant was very well staffed, traditional in cuisine and the food was much better than I'd have expected for such an out of the way place. It was very good, as was the service. I only paid €89 for an overnight, by myself and thought the price was quite reasonable. And as everyone else has noted, the breakfast was excellent. Since I was there by myself, I was assigned seating at a rather large table with, presumably, other guests traveling by themselves. As I ate very early for a Sunday, I had the table to myself. The food was very good, fresh, and again, service was excellent.
Overall very commendable and recommendable place that I'm likely to visit again, as I will be back in that area.

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the building, and was quiet and pleasant. Colleagues who had arrived a d...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We came across this hotel by just deciding to come off the motorway at the end of the day, which is our usual method as we travel across europe each year by car and make a point of stopping one night each way in Germany. We asked if they had any rooms available and they told us they had, and the price was 120 euros, but they said they had a 'small' room which was 90 euros. We opted for the 'small' room because we were confident that, small or not, the bed would be of high quality, as is always the case anywhere you go in Germany. When we entered the room we were amazed at how large it actually was and of course perfect for us; lovely large, clean, comfy beds, sparkling bathroom, powerful shower, and despite the price being a bit steep for us, we decided to have our meal in the restaurant as it was pouring down with rain. The meal was wonderful, the ambience was wonderful and best of all, the breakfast was just gorgeous. How does Germany get it so right without fail ? Yes, we most likely will go back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Started badly when the receptionist couldn't find our booking - it was in the book but she just didn't think to change my surname and christian name around: as if it is booked out with English every night! Got stuck in Room 110: a real shocker for €140+ per night. Felt like a student dorm and had a beautiful view of the supermarket car park behind the hotel and deliveries of dead animal carcasses to the butcher first thing in the morning. Couldn't block the view out because the net curtain provided covered about 40% of the window!

On the plus side, bar and restaurant downstairs is furnished in authentic style and served really good beer and a fabuloius schnitzel. Great breakfast.

Perhaps we were just unlucky with the room and maybe next time we'd feel differently. Sadly, we'll never know because I will not be going back. Shame because Romantik Hotels are generally pretty good and I've used them extensively in Germany.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Romantik Hotel Hirschen? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Romantik Hotel Hirschen

Address: Dr. Boecalestrasse 2, 92331 Parsberg, Bavaria, Germany
Location: Germany > Bavaria > Upper Palatinate > Parsberg
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Parsberg
Hotel Class:4 star — Romantik Hotel Hirschen 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Romantik Hotel Hirschen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Romantik Hotel Hirschen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.