“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Macot-la-Plagne
Hertford
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We visited here for Christmas. The snow was great and the hotel's location could not be better, It is right on the slopes and you can ski up to the door of the hotel's ski room.

The skiing in La Plagne is perfect for our standard but perhaps not so good for advanced skiers. The ski school was well organised and the three instructors that my family had were all excellent, very keen to ensure that we all had a good time. The hire kit was all very good.

The rooms were of a good standard and the Ski room although busy at peak times is larger than most and the lockers coped with two sets of skis and boots. If not attending lessons then avoiding the 15 mins before lessons start is a good idea.

The restaurant was busy at the start of service and seats could be difficult to find but going 30 mins later solved that problem. The food was ok certainly better than I expected. I am a vegetarian and choice was very limited on some nights but the meat & fish eaters in the family (everyone else) had a wide choice. I would have preferred better labeling of the dishes but when I asked all the staff seemed well briefed on what the food was.

The lounge area was large but if you wanted to avoid the entertainment then the choice of places to sit was limited. There is a basic gym but the spa area has a large jaccuzzi, steam room and sauna and was virtually empty when I used it.

All of the staff were extremely attentive and helpful. We had a great week here

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Having been on many Club Med ski holidays previously after our visit to Club Med La Plagne, the standards of the resorts are always very high, the holiday was goood fun and it is a lovely resort and good skiing for the family, although the restaurant was not as good as resorts we have previously visited, all in all though it was a good family holiday!

Room Tip: Rooms with a 'ski slope view' are nicer!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med La Plagne 2100, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Great Member,

We thank you warmly for the time you took to write this review after your stay in our La Plagne 2100 Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you had a good time and that you enjoyed the high standard of the Resort.

We hope to see you again soon in one of our Resorts.

Your Club Med UK Team.
Surrey, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was a little bit weary when deciding to book but came away having had a great family ski holiday. Yes the food isn't great - bit cold at times but careful selection could overcome this but the Chef and his team put in so much effort you can't but enjoy yourself. Husband, my 5 year old and I all took advantage of the inclusive ski lessons which were a great way of getting to know others staying at the resort. It would have been nice for my daughter to have had some more English speaking kids in her group but that's the chance you take with a French company. We enjoyed the entertainment in the evening - my daughter took part in a fashion show, the big end of week show and the nightly dancing on the stage. We had interconnecting rooms which worked well - modern and functional. All in all a great family holiday. Have booked Club Med again for next Feb we enjoyed the concept so much.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med La Plagne 2100, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Great Member,

Thank you very much for the review you posted after your stay in our La Plagne 2100 Resort. It is a pleasure for us to read that you and your family enjoyed our all inclusive holidays with free ski passes and lessons, the comfort of your room and the entertaining shows.

We are looking forward to seeing you next February in our Resort.

Your Club Med UK Team.
Harrogate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We didn't use The Club Med ski service, we used SKI Set just up the road, and found them excellent and much cheaper..! The Hotel was fantastic and the food was second to none..! The Rooms were a little small, but ok, nice bathroom though.. The staff were so friendly and always chatted to you.. The owner was so enthusiastic, it almost felt like he was part of your group... Overall a very good holiday experience.. We will be back!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med La Plagne 2100, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Great Member,

We thank you warmly for the time you took to write this review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our La Plagne 2100 Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you and your friends had a good time there, and that you enjoyed the Resort facilities, the quality of the food, and our staff friendliness and enthusiasm!

We are glad to read that you will come back, and hope to see you soon in one of our Resorts.

Your Club Med UK Team
Ra'anana, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I am a very experienced traveller and this is with doubt my worst ever travel experience. The ski technicians fit your skis and boots very quickly especially on Sunday which is change over day. As a result mine were not fitted correctly. Unfortunately I found this out the hard way when I fell. During the fall my skis rotated and to my shock did not release from the boots- I knew I was in trouble and indeed broke my ankle. This was 100% the fault of the Club Med ski technicians since anyone can fall but the ski should relese especially if the fall is hard and the ski rotate during the fall. In addition there was crime ring operating in the Hotel- my daughter had her Iphone stolen, a friend had their Blackberry stolen and varius other guests had equipment stolen. I was obviously unable to ski for the remainder of the holiday and indeed was told I would be on crutches and partially incapicated for 45-60 days. I was shocked at Club Meds attitude since they refused to compensate me for my injury in any way other than not charge for the incorrectly fitted skiis. They initially said they would compensate for the phone through their insurance buth then resinded. It appears that Club Med are far more interested in profits then the Health and care of customers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have been in a few Club Med Skiing location, this one is not any different. I would say that all of them are consistently great. Of course if you don't care about rooms. By all means rooms are very small and inconvinient. But you are not supposed to be in a room anyway - there are so much to do. Skiing was good, instructors were good, bar was good, service was good. All well organized and cared for. Restorant is the least organized place. if you are a little late for breakfast - you can't find a clean spot and it takes forever to have it cleaned - you can easyly go nuts waiting for 10 min seeing service people running around in stupid panick trying to make you a spot. Table service people are all horrible and probably suffer deepest degree of ADD. Solution, don't be "late for dinner". Food used to be in any ClubMed super extra very gourmet. Since I gained 5kg in one week a few years ago on one of my ski vacation really enjoing their really fine and sophisticated cuisine, I see food quality and choice steadily going down, down and down. I don't feel too bad about it. I just eat less, less and less. So last time I gained only 1 kg. (Food is still very good and there are a lot of choises for any taste).
I was in this place with my 9 years old daughter. I dropped her off in mini club at 8.30 in the morning and picked her back in the evening. In the mini club they took really good care for the the kids. My daughter loved it. They skied, played, danced etc.... Day was full of activity of good quality and education.She came back happy and exhausted, falling right to sleep. Consider that somehow that happed this time that it was no English speaking kids in resorts (3-4 years old not count) they ware able to keep her in and busy. Perfect. Trying to say something negative to keep the ballance and really can't. find anything to critisize. Very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I spent a long week-end at La Plagne 2100 end of February.
Great location for skiing, excellent atmosphere (although there were a lot of families, singles didn't feel "lost"). The single rooms are rather small but both functional and nice.
Very good food and an excellent Chef de Village and GO team: shows in the evening, usual crazy signs, etc... Great mix of nationalities among the GMs too !
Just keep in mind that La Plagne doesn't offer many other options to non-skiers (only 3 cross-country skiing slopes).
I would definitely recommend this Club for skiers !

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Club Med La Plagne 2100? Share your experiences!