We spend our ski holiday at this residence as always in the last 6 years, but now I am not sure to continue this tradition.
This was the first time that we go in a group of 6 adults (my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, my girlfiriend and me). In november we reserved a 3 bedroom appartment with bigger space and according to the official description for 6-8 person. (3 bedroom with 2-2 beds and sofabed for 2 in the livingroom, bunkbed possible for 1 bedroom). After reservation I call them that we are 6 adults we would like to avoid bunk beds, they said they will try it. Two day before our check in them call me, that we will have bunk beds, because all the appartment without bunkbeds is reserved.... interesting, but at least they called me. In this case we planned that that 2 of us will sleep in the sofa bed.
We arrived, check in was ok, we got the key very fast, then we surprised. There was 2 normal bedroom and 1 with bunkbeds (wich is incredible, that the room is enough big for 2 normal beds!!!!). The strange was the sofa bed because it was for 2, but not the same level for 1 on the sofa, and for 1 on the floor!
I ask the reception to resolve my problem, but they told me that there is full house so they can not help. So finally we took 2 matress to the bunkbeds bedroom, and 2 of us slept there on the floor all the week.
The other thing all the appartments has ski boxes, also we had one, but it was too small for our equipment, so just to see clear the skibox of 6-8 person apparment was small for 6 pair ski and 6 pairs of boots. So finally 2 of us needed to take the boots and the ski up to the apparment.
So we spend almost 2000 euro for accomodation one week and 2 of us slept all the week on the floor, and we need to take with us the skis and boots up!!!
So this 3 bedroom appartment is ok max for 4 adults and 4 little children!!!!
The other problem is with the insurance of pierre et vacances, we bought the sport and leisure pacage.
My mother had little accident on the slope her hand was injured and we were at doctor to do xray and some inspection. We spent for this 180 euro.
I called the insurance company to resolve this problem, they gave me an email wich is not working, so the only option was to send fax to them. Only fax in 2013!!!:)) Now we have case number, they now my email address, they got all the copies of the documentation, but still nothing happen and the only way that you can communicate with them is phone. So now I am thinking not to spend more time for this incurance case, because finally my roaming fee will be more then 180 euro:D:D.
So I recomend for everybody to avoid pierre vacances incurance, because now it seems it is for nothing. Maybe for local people is OK, but not for foreiners.
So finally I write some positivities too:
-sauna, swimmingpool, hammam
- bread service
- nice appartment interiour
-own garage (60/week)
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Hauts Bois Hotel
- Pierre And Vacances Premium Residence Les Hauts Bois
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Hauts Bois Hotel Macot-La-Plagne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart oh the domaine ParadiskiDoorstep skiingA residence offering relaxation areas and ‘Deep Nature Spa' by Algotherm services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Pierre & Vacances, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Hauts Bois reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.