My second stay at this extremely well located and appointed accommodation. Sadly a few points still let this hotel down, which could so easily be addressed:
1) The "welcome" on arrival was just dreadful. I've just driven halfway across Europe to come to your hotel and I do not want to be told that my room might not be ready until 10PM - how ridiculous is that when I am PAYING for it? Oh and by the way if you do tell me that please have the decency to apologize profusely not just shrug.
2) The pool is a wonderful area but is sadly used as an unmonitored creche by many families after skiing - it is always full of children running around, jumping, screaming, splashing, fighting, leaving sauna's open and steam rooms open. Please introduce an adults only time - just 6.30-8.00 PM would be absolutely fine and allow us to unwind in peace.
3) Boot rooms in Basil are absolutely disgusting- dirty, water all over and mouldy walls. Yes I understand that they're never going to be beautiful but it wouldn't take much to sort this out.
4) The fact that a lot of the apartments are only accessible from the main hotel by a single, crowded, in demand lift and then by walking up quite a few stairs before taking another single lift should be noted - nothing they can do about this but it does make moving in/out extraordinarily difficult at times.
I think I will pick somewhere else next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Plagne was established in 1961 and is known throughout the world thanks to its famous red ski hat, a symbolof its welcoming and traditional spirit. It's that spirit that attracted CGH Résidences and confirmed our choice of location.Space as far as the eye can see, sunshine to bring the flowers out and enough snow to plough your furrow...All the more since at its gates our résidence Les Granges du Soleil can offer you superbly equipped apartments as well as a swimming pool, sauna, steam bath, cardio-training room, billiards, a restaurant, ski shop and a magnificent treatment centre - all it takes to build a collection of wonderful memories.To go with the wealth of outdoor activities, the Granges du Soleil offers you the chance to recharge your batteries with the swimming pool, the spa and the fitness centre at the heart of the résidence. Holidays to help you rediscover your well-being.The residence is open this Summer from 07/04/2014 to 08/31/2014 and next Winter from 12/12/2014 to 04/26/2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Residence CGH Les Granges du Soleil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Granges Du Soleil Hotel Macot-La-Plagne