Ten of us shared a 12 person apartment in Sun valley.
There was plenty of space for us and the location was excellent. The bedrooms were comfortable but there were a few issues;
On our arrival we realised that there was no working lift to the third floor apartment. The stairwell light was also broken. I am sure you know how difficult it is to walk in ski boots, and especially up three flights in the dark. We raised this issue with the reception staff who were very unhelpful and uninterested. The light was fixed midweek, but the lift was finally fixed on the Friday before our departure. There was also no light in the ski locker room for 24 hours.
In the apartment itself there was no oven, only a rather antiquated hob that took a very long time to cook anything. This made cooking for 10 rather tricky.
There were also multiple episodes of power cuts whilst trying to cook, including one where the dishwasher shorted out the power for the rest of the apartment. Although they sent someone to see to it immediately we were unable to use the dishwasher at all.
The flat was not clean when we took the keys- with old water bottles and even a pair of slippers found under the beds.
The spa was also very disappointing- the sauna was cold, the steam room was out of order and the two small jacuzzis smelt unclean. It was often too busy for us to get in.
Finally, and this was very irritating, the advertised wifi did not work, even though we paid the supplement. Although they refunded this cost at the end it caused problems as several members of the group were unable to access important work emails. We expected it to work and had selected the apartment for the wifi availability.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Lvh Vacances - Sun Valley Hotel Macot-La-Plagne
- Residence Lvh Vacances - Sun Valley Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sun Valley résidence is situated right on the Plagne Soleil pistes at an altitude of 2050m. You can ski to and from this recently constructed establishment to reach the Paradiski area (425 km of pistes).A bar-restaurant is shared with the Hotel Vancouver enabling you to take advantage of the half-board and full-board packages (please enquire). A ski hire shop is also to be found in the building and the shops are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Residence LVH Vacances - Sun Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.