We stayed in the hotel in april 2011 and had a good time in spite of very thin snow cover which is definitely not the fault of the hotel. The hotel could and should be better than simply average: its location is great, the rooms are standard ski fare but quiet with nice views and the staff is couteous and pleasant. However there are several buts: the courtesy is not matched in efficiency by the staff, they were lovely but seemed unable to decide what the hell to do most of the time. They were young with young peoples priorities that didnt include listening to guests properly and sorting problems out except in their own time (our check out was non standard and it took them literally 4 days and several requests to try and find out what the process would be. Ieventually gave up. The self stocktake is simply a joke that goes as follows "take this sheet of paper, verify all 200 items on it, return it to us by tomorrow morning or we assume that everything is fine". You dont expect this in any form of hotel accomodation let alone a self billed prestige destination and frankly it is the hotel's job to check rooms and equipment not mine. I simply object to sitting down and counting spoons, forks, cups, plates etc when i have to make up my own bed with hugely expensive hired linen. The week's hire is considerably more than the cost of the linen! The laundry is simply a joke. There is one working machine (the other is out of order and has been for "months") and appears to have been used as a general dumping ground for junk. The rooms are fine but there is simply not enough space for the people the room is billed for to sit in comfort (i have seen this all over french ski resorts) and the kitchen is small with no oven.
The ski shop is good but not managed by the group.
So here is what the management should do:
1) train the staff properly - problems writted in an exercise book and never followed up on is not acceptable
2) invest in the communal areas (the spa had one shower hanging off the wall, see laundry comment, the lifts have rubber flooring which is peeling and has been duct taped down (!)
3) have the manager made available or someone who is able to resolve problems not pleasant kids who simply dont know what to do and debate possible solutions whilst you stand there frustrated
4) stop advertising things that sound good but are not practically achievable (the bakery delivery for example is spasmodic) without proper staffing
5) stop nickel and diming : the cleaning charge to clean the appartment when you leave is in excess of 100 euros unless you do it yourself. Yes over 100 euros. The appartment would take 2 people half an hour at most to clean, i suppose i would do it for the price charged off the bill. This is also true in many other areas, sheet hire, towel hire, tv charge (not full spec sky either but just french tv pretty much) at 35 euros a week.
Non of this will matter to the owners i am sure. The location will mean people will come anyway. But inspite of the chambery address of madame vacance the operator, the owner is english and frankly should be ashamed at the lack of responsibility for getting this place professionally run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sun Valley résidence is situated right on the Plagne Soleil pistes at an altitude of 2050m. You can ski to and from this recently constructed establishment to reach the Paradiski area (425 km of pistes).A bar-restaurant is shared with the Hotel Vancouver enabling you to take advantage of the half-board and full-board packages (please enquire). A ski hire shop is also to be found in the building and the shops are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Residence LVH Vacances - Sun Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Lvh Vacances - Sun Valley Hotel Macot-La-Plagne