-We booked the Sun Valley apartments via the travel company Ski Collection. I would recommend this company especially if travelling by the Euro Tunnel as they book you on a Flexi Pass which is excellent.
-We chose a 3 bedroom apartment for 6 people, all the bedrooms were a good size, 2 doubles and 1 twin. We also had a bathroom with a bath/shower and sink, separate toilet and an additional bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
-There is plenty of free outdoor parking and indoor if you want to pay.
-You can easily ski in/out from the locker room even in the poor snow conditions that we experienced in March.
- The pool is a nice option to have, its small and can get crowded but you get what you pay for.
- Good pizza takeaway in the hotel Vancouver next door.
-Nice bar/pool tables in bar area.
- Can buy your ski pass at the reception.
- Can hire ski equipment at Intersport which is within the complex, suggest booking online prior to arriving for best prices.
Less good points:
- The lounge area is small and not enough space on the comfy chair for 6 people.
-The kitchen area is small and there is no oven.
-Reception staff are nice but don;t seem to remember things when you ask i.e forgot to order our bread, didn't; give us an extra key (we only had 1key for 6 people) when we asked twice, did not replace our hoover that was missing.
- There are extra costs: sheets, towels, TV remote, tax, end of stay cleaning. I suggest calling the apartments a week before you arrive to find out what rooms you have been allocated if you want to take your own bedding.
Overall we thought it was good value for money in an great ski area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sun Valley résidence is situated right on the Plagne Soleil pistes at an altitude of 2050m. You can ski to and from this recently constructed establishment to reach the Paradiski area (425 km of pistes).A bar-restaurant is shared with the Hotel Vancouver enabling you to take advantage of the half-board and full-board packages (please enquire). A ski hire shop is also to be found in the building and the shops are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence LVH Vacances - Sun Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Lvh Vacances - Sun Valley Hotel Macot-La-Plagne