“Bourg Saint Maurice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chillchalet

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bourg Saint Maurice
Chillchalet
You added Chillchalet to your Saves list
139 Rue Desserteaux, 73700 Bourg Saint Maurice, France   |
London, United Kingdom
“Bourg Saint Maurice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great place to stay in Bourg St Maurice, run by a super friendly & helpful team. The location is perfect for both for proximity to train station, shops & cafes.......it's right in the heart of the town. On Saturday's you can enjoy the delights of the local produce food market directly in front of the chalet. The food was delicious with home cooked meals. Overall, it's great value, I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked Chillchalet for our first night after a long trip from Asia. It is located just opposite the train station and very easy to find. Theresa and Roan were very helpful for the luggage and the room was clean, simple and comfortable. Theresa was very kind in contacting and arranging private car service for us to Tignes and La Plagne the next day and that was really a big relief for me!! Due to my ankle injure, Roan even helped me with my luggage to the train station. Really appreciated. Thank you!!

The location, service, cleanliness, atmosphere are all there. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I needed to stay in St.Maurice for one night and this was a very clever choice to stay at the Chillchalet. Very friendly welcome and everyone very kind and attentive. Very gentle and polite.
Very good breakfast.
It feels like you are at home with friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chamonix, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night on a cycling Tour of Mont Blanc. I wish we could have stayed longer! One night wasn't enough! The food was delicious, and the guys who run the place were hugely accommodating. They had thought of lots of little touches, which all add up to make a really inviting place to stay. I was very impressed, and will certainly stay again, and would recommend to anyone visiting the area - it's a really convenient stop for exploring the Tarentaise in summer or in winter. I would say it's a much better option than staying up in the resort if you're going to Les Arcs - the funicular railway is just minutes away, and you then have the option of visiting Val d'Isere or Tignes for a few days as well.......all in all, a great atmosphere, we'll definitely be back. 10 out of 10 for friendliness, food and atmosphere. Thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Booked myself and 5 mates here for a few days cycling. Very relaxed place, great hospitality, terrific location, excellent food and a friendly welcome. It doesn't get much better than that!

If we head back this way in the future it'll be back here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Chillchalet is a fantastic place to stay if you're skiing or boarding in Les Arcs. Theresa and Roan do a great job each afternoon of providing a delicious soup as you come back from a hard day up the mountain. Dinner each evening was done with a real flourish - they have a great flair for cooking attractive looking and good tasting food.

Communications before I arrived, with Tyrone, were excellent and I was able to get into my room much earlier than I expected. Of course this isn't always going to be possible if someone is in the room the night before but they clearly try to accommodate requests where they can.

The rooms was simple but the beds comfortable. The only small criticism of the rooms would be the blinds. They just weren't thick enough to keep the sunlight out in the early morning and light from the street lamps coming in through the night.

I would certainly stay here again. Perfect for someone traveling on their own; other guests were a friendly bunch.

It was a 2-3 minute walk to the funicular that takes you up to Arc 1600. A great place to stay to explore the very nice town of Bourg Saint Maurice in the evenings and avoid the excessive costs of mountain beer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I arrived not knowing what to expect as our friend had made the booking (MatthewJones285) and we hadn't really looked into it that much as we were a last minute addition to the group as someone dropped out! Well any reservations we may have had quickly dispersed upon walking into the chalet to the amazing aroma of freshly prepared soup welcoming everyone back from a day on the slopes filled our nostrils. Well it tasted as good as it smelt and was the beginning of a weeklong love affair with Teresa and Roans cooking skills. Afterwards I assembled our gear and noticed that our boards were in need of a waxing (I hadn't had time to get them done before leaving) so asked Teresa where I could get this done, well when I was informed that Tyrone would be able to service them before we hit the slopes in the morning I was delighted, and then to be told it wouldn't cost me anything as well was fantastic (he did an awesome job by the way).
The Chalet itself is comfortable, clean, relaxing (there are more movies available on the apple tv than you'll ever need) and its location is ridiculously convenient to absolutely everything.
Teresa and Roan very quickly became our friends rather than our hosts and even joined us on the slopes on occasions and even helped out my wife with her boarding skills! .... I would however like to point out that they don't do teaching or even guide you around the mountain, if thats what you are looking for I would recommend doing this through the resort itself!
Oh and if you are looking to hire boards ... look no further as there is a selection of over 40 different ones to choose from, there really is something for everyone!
Without a doubt we shall be going back again and can't wait to do so!

Thanks guys

Kevin & Camilla

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Chillchalet? Share your experiences!