“Fantastic holiday - great food, brilliant location and good company” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chillchalet

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bourg Saint Maurice
Chillchalet
139 Rue Desserteaux, 73700 Bourg Saint Maurice, France   |
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday - great food, brilliant location and good company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Went for a long weekend looking to get some end of season snow with my friend. Took us 2 hrs to drive from geneva airport. We were skiing but if I had been boarding then you get offered a free board as they are sponsered by i think westbeach which is great, plus you get skis/boards waxed every evening for free. Comfortable room, nice chalet spread over three floors. Chalet staff where really easy going and friendly, nice balance of leaving you to your own devices after dinner...to get stuck into the free wine! Can go to the top floor and chill out - play the Wii of there's thousands of movies to chose from. It's about 5 min walk to the funicular so you're up in les arcs in no time at all. Will struggle to find better value.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

If you are going to stay anywhere in Bourg it has to be Chill Chalet. The staff are uber friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful.

The rooms are very nicely decorated and extremely cosy.

The food provided was all homemade and hearty just what you need after a day of boarding/skiing. The staff kindly/bravely let us host a BBQ on the Wednesday which was another great night.

The whole atmosphere in the Chalet is relaxed just what you need after a manic day on the mountain. It is definitely one of the top Chalets we have stayed in so far. (A hot tub in the front garden could sway it to top ;-p)

A good place to stay for couples or groups of friends and the prices are very reasonable, especially taking into account they let out their snowboards/bindings free of charge to their guests.

All in all Chill Chalet made it a great holiday and we will definitely be coming back for more carnage next year.

Gem and Bretty

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

This was third stay at Chillchalet and I will be back for more. I would have no hesitation in recommending this for anyone looking for superb, friendly and informal holiday base. The facilities provide everything you need and the hosts are always great, providing superb food and company - they are also happy to help you out if you need anything during your stay. Nothing more needs to be said - get yourself booked in!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

We had a great time at Chillchalet. Conveniently located near the train station and close to Les Arcs for snowboarding. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The meals were great and they answered all of our questions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I've stayed here twice and loved it each time. The first time I came, a few years ago, I was with friends. This time I came back alone for a cheeky four days in the snow. With the place full on my first day/night I had lots of company - both on the slopes and at dinner. For the next few days I actually had the place to myself. But instead of feeling lonely, the brilliant staff here took me under their wing and made me feel completely at home.

An improvement from a few years ago is that Chillchalet now has a dedicated snowboard guide/host, Oscar, who is happy to ride with you day after day and knows Les Arcs inside out. Seasonnaires Anna and Victoria were also fun and excellent company. They all took me under their wing and made me feel like part of the gang. Chilchalet's offer of free snowboard hire shouldn't be sniffed at either - even though I have my own board the 2011 K2 number I used for a couple of days was way better than my humble plank and seriously improved my riding.

The genius of Chillchalet is that it isn't fake in any way: it's owned, run and staffed by genuine snow lovers and manages to be comfortable, homely and warm, but not overpriced, pretentious or too lavish. It's not luxury, but it's got everything you need.

It is a genuinely short (tiny) hop from Bourg St Maurice train station and a bearable trudge from the funicular up to Les Arcs (although the process of getting up to the slopes does take time and can be a bit of a mission); they let you stay any number of nights and arrive when you want; the staff are willing to help with anything you need; there's plenty of beautiful croissants for breakfast and cakes when you get home, and the cooking is homely and hearty.

Apart from a hot tub and (maybe) an en-suite bathroom, I can't think of anything else you need. Highly recommended

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Stayed for one week New Year 2011. Very friendly hosts Victoria and Anna, made our stay most welcome, plenty of food and wine, hot drinks and cakes during the day.Good breakfast to start the day.
Our snowboarders enjoyed using the latest K2 boards supplied and fitted by the Chalet staff.
New year at the local Spot bar with fellow guests and staff completed a great week at Chillchalet. Would definately recommend to boarders and bikers for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
St Remy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We were looking for a short break with our sons. We don't ski but the boys do, so we needed somewhere with enough 'apres ski' for mum and dad. The trip was very last minute but was easy to organise as Chris gave us plenty of information on local ski hire, lessons etc and even put up with our dog.

Chillchalet was perfectly placed and made us really welcome, offering to take our 15 year old out on the slopes on Christmas day and keeping the younger one amused. Food was plentiful, Xmas dinner was a joy ( given that we didn't have to cook for the first time in years) and there was plenty to do both in the chalet and in town. We usually stay in hotels, and I loved the feeling of being in a home instead. Hope to be back in April.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Chillchalet? Share your experiences!