Second time with P&V ( last year Grimaud near St Tropez )
Accomodation ( we had 'house' for 6 for 2 adults & 2 young children ) and it was very compact . 'Kitchen' was a corner of room with hob but no oven and as there was no BBQ outside , made it more difficult to do a mix of eating in and out as we planned to do.
'Sofa' in lounge area was effectively a single bed to sit on.
Outside you had a tiny terrace with hedges on either side opening out to a large grassy area for all properties in an arc to share. This worked out fine becuase our children met others to play with.
Less welcoming to English ( no traslation at welcome meet / any events ) than south of france which I was surprised at as there were considerable amounts of english / GB cars on site.
Husband enjoyed golf course & practise facilities. Lake & boats lovely & playground areas well maintained . Pools very busy.
We visited Chateux Adventures ( worth a visit ) Beach was OK ( no beds / parasols for hire ) Apremont ( only pretty village in a 30 mile radius ) Water Park at Normantier ( long drive and as it rained not best experience ) Folie de Finfarine ( nice for couple of hours )
Best restaurant close by was just outside Port exit over bridge ( red canopies ) we also went to Sables D'Ollone which was OK
In summary , area of France not pretty , weather was mixed & accomodation too basic.
We made the best of it but will not be returning.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Resort Port Bourgenay Hotel
- Pierre And Vacances Resort Port Bourgenay
- Pierre & Vacances Resort Port Bourgenay Hotel Talmont Saint Hilaire
- Pierre & Vacances Port-Bourgenay Holiday Village France/Talmont Saint Hilaire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vast domain around a large lake and two 18-hole golf courses.The beach is accessible on foot or by miniature train. Children’s Clubs for children aged between 3 months and 18 years and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Pierre & Vacances, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Port-Bourgenay Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.