“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Goussainville
Jupiter
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Guess I had a different experience and expectations than other reviewers. We had a 5 night reservation at a nearby, more highly recommended hotel. When we arrived at that hotel at 3 PM on a Sunday afternoon, reservation in hand, we found the hotel closed. A call to management received a rude reply that they were not open on Sundays, but they would open for us shortly. We cancelled that reservation and went in search of other accommodations. First stop was Median, where they had a 2 room suite for 65 euros a night, which we took. We were in the area on business nearby and were out of the room early and returned late, so we didn’t have much time to contemplate the shortcomings of the facility. We did not find the facility quite as run down as other reviewers and between the double windows and fatigue, the planes didn’t bother us. The third floor balcony outside our room was great since one of us smokes. What was so very positive were the staff - the most friendly and accommodating I have ever encountered in France. They requested reservations the evening before if we wanted breakfast. On the 2 occasions we had breakfast, without reservations, they went out of their way to bring us whatever we wanted. If I had business 5 minutes away again, I would not hesitate to stay there. If I had an early morning flight from CDG, I would go to Priceline and secure an unknown 4* hotel for around $100.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

This hotel would suit anybody interested in reliving the 70s, all the fixtures and fittings are period pieces, the discerning owners have clearly decided that any form of refurbishment and maintenance would sully the rustic nature of the place. My room was complete with delightful and thoughtful touches such as the iron marks on the carpet, peeling wallpaper, and yellowing pillows (placed under the sheets). An interesting feature for some of the rooms were the signs of forced entry to some of the doors.. A 'must try' for those with clautrophobia, seeking an adrenaline surge are the lifts, these museum pieces threaten to break down at any moment .For a gastronomic feast look no further than the KFC and Mc Donald's opposite, just 2 minutes romantic walk across the industrial estate, looking up at the shimmering lights from the planes landing at CDG some 30km away. I highly recommend drinking as much as you possibly can before retiring to your room, this enables you to fully appreciate every spring of the fully sprung mattress. In the morning you could awake to a sumptious buffet, but only if you had moved to a different hotel...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Bangalore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed here for a night since my flight out of Paris CDG was only the next day. Booked this hotel thinking that the hotel is very near to the airport as the name "Median Roissy CDG" suggests so. This is not the case. The hotel is situated in Goussainville which is a 25 minutes taxi ride from the airport and costs EUR 25 each time. There is a RER station nearby the hotel which can be used to travel to Paris but there is no direct train connectivity to the airport.

The hotel itself is very old, dirty, damp, musty and tired looking. As soon as I entered, I had visions of a haunted building. Hardly any rooms were occupied. The room size was ok, what was inside the room wasn't. The bed creaked, the sheets were old, bathroom and shower had grime. The so called heating never worked and it was freezing all night.

The breakfast is atrociously priced at EUR 14 per person. You are better off eating at McDonalds or KFC which are situated opposite to the hotel.

A positive among all negatives: the staff. They were polite, friendly and spoke good English.

I was glad the next day when I was checking out from here. Please avoid staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Goussainville hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stayed here when stranded in Paris due to snow. My partner booked it for me as I queued for re-ticketing at the airport. Unfortunately, he didn't read the reviews here until after it was too late! I just thought "oh well, how bad can it be?" Evidently, awful!
My room was FREEZING. I walked from the corridor into it and thought I'd gone back outside. Reception just said to turn up the heating. A central airblowing device did seem to be located in the room but it had barely any effect. The bath had no plug so I couldn't have a bath to warm up. The knob to change the water flow from bath to shower was broken so only half the flow of water could be directed out of the shower head. On full heat, the water was just warm enough to not have goose-bumps. The bathroom itself was grubby and there was a hole in the floor! The loo was in a separate cupboard and also cold although seemed a bit cleaner than the bathroom.
There was only a sheet & one thin blanket (complete with holes) on the bed and I ended up sleeping under the sheets and blankets from both beds plus both of the dust covers and I still had to wear full thermals plus a fleece.
I think they might actually switched off the power overnight. I couldn't believe it but I now think they must have done- no further heat came out of the blower and my phone was plugged in but lost its charge overnight until about 6.30am when a heard a bang and it suddenly started charging again.
As a positive, the staff were friendly and switched to (very good) English as soon as they heard my French! They tried to be helpful- offering to book a taxi and then gave me good directions to the train station.
Even tho this hotel is cheap and located well for the airport, nothing is worth the discomfort of it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Due to the cancellation of our Easyjet flight we had the misfortune of Easyjet booking us into this hotel. It was a nightmare. The hotel itself is disgusting ie dirty, smelly and stuck out in an industrial estate and the staff were appalling. They would not help us in anyway and in particular with our enquiries re our shuttle bus, they would not contact Easyjet for the pick up time to the airport and then when the bus came at 5am they did not conatct anyone of us to notify the bus was there, so we all had to take taxis to the airport at a cost of 25 Euros. We also felt quite intimadated by the staff. The breakfast in the morning was awful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Myself and my boyfriend travelled to paris at the start of december this year and were delayed coming home for 2 days and this was one of the hotels we were put up in. I can safely and without a doubt say that this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in some cheap hotels. once we arrived we were checked in by an unhelpful receptionist, we were told by the airport that we would be proved with lunch and dinner, the receptionist claimed they did not have a restaurant when I looked to the right there was a sign saying "restaurant" so it was a clear lie. when we went up to the room the corridor leading to it was a mess, there was rubbish lying on the floor, the wallpaper had been torn off and there was stains on the wall. when we entered our room we were met by the smell of damp and stale smoke. there was rips on the bedding, there was white stains on the carpet, there was burn marks in the carpet, the white walls were disgusting they had dirty marks all over them, the headboard was covered in dust, the sheets were very badly stained and it looked like someone had thrown up over the pillow and the lamp shade was literally rotting. when you entered the bathroom there was pubic hairs in bath, the skirting of the bath was non-existant and it was just rot, there was blood on the walls in the bathroom, the toilet seat had stains on it, the back of the toilet had rotted away and again there was stains on the wall. When asked to be transferred rooms we were showed round 4 or 5 rooms that were worse and dirtier than ours. Also I asked the receptionist at half 4 in the afternoon for 2 extra pillows she said she would get them, at half 10 at night I asked again for them, I was told she was too busy... she was on facebook!! after asking when the shuttle bus would be coming back to take us to the airport a row broke out with everyone that was with us and the receptionist, when we asked for the management of the hotel we were told that they were unavailable after an hour and when the price of a bottle of wine was involved only did the manager come down in tracksuit bottoms, a t shirt and a cap, he was ignorant and rude. I have never been in a worse hotel than this one, it was just filth from top to bottom, how this is a three star hotel I don't know!!!! If someone had of come home from the experience that we had in this hotel I would of laughed and not believed them but no word of this is a lie, it was a living nightmare!! take a look at the pictures...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel overnight two nights ago prior to returning to the US from a month vacation in Europe. This hotel was a 100% disappointment. It seems to be one of those hotels which has been purchased by mideasterners and allowed to run down until it is totally worthless and uninhabitable and is demolished. I booked it for a pre-flight overnight BECAUSE IT IS PROMOTED AS A CDG AIRPORT HOTEL. It is not. It is in Gousainville, a suburb 5 or 10 miles away. To get to and from the airport we had to take taxis which cost us a total of 60 Euros. The room rate was 60 Euros. We could have stayed AT THE AIRPORT right in the terminal for the same cost!!! And we would have had an acceptable room. The room was shabby, the bed uncomfortable and the pillows too thin to sleep on. Wi-fi is available for 8 Euros per hour - but the first 40 minutes of your hour are spent trying to connect and calling the front desk until they finally figure out how to work their server. The 12 Euro breakfast was good and probably worth the price. The mideastern desk clerks seemed to want to help and are not to blame. There are a McDonalds and a KFC next door but if you arrive at midnight like we did - and hadn't eaten all day - then you starve til morning. Our room smelled of smoke. I would not advise ANYONE to stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Median Roissy CDG Airport? Share your experiences!