Called her on spec on route from Italy. Was initially offer a room not in the main building for 120 Euro. It stank of damp and was old and musty. I refused to stay so they offered me a room in the main building that was allegedly 350 Euros, which I agreed to pay 150 Euro including breakfast. The main room was ok, the bed was ok althouth the fabric headboard had a couple of nice shiny spots where somebody's swede had been polished. The bathroom was tragic though, old, musty, tired and non working shower. We had dinner which was actually very good although ridiculously expensive. The service was slow due to the few staff, who were actually OK on the whole. It turns out this is a member of the SLH (Small Luxury Hotels) chain, which as I have stayed in many of there hotels is an absolute joke, it is the opposite of luxury. Its a 1980's decorated, overpriced dump. I
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Restaurant & Spa on the wine trail of Alsace, between Colmar and Mulhouse. 41 rooms of character, swimming pools ind. & out., sauna, hammam and Jacuzzi. Panoramic view. Excellent gastronomy and quality of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Chateau d'Isenbourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau d`Isenbourg Hotel Rouffach
- Chateau d Isenbourg Colmar