We got a free upgrade to a room with a private and huge terrace overlooking the village and vineyards, private parking place with a gate to the terrace and a private gate leading to the pool. The room was not big, with old and vintage furniture and a painted ceiling in the French fashion, so it is one's personal taste to like it or not. We would wish the bathroom was tidier and fresher. The bed had no proper duvets, just sheets and wool blankets, which seemed strange but we didn't mind considering the general setting and styling. Breakfast lacked vegetables and diversity. Restaurant was very expensive and again lacking in vegetables, so after two dinners there and being a vegetarian I had to look for food elsewhere. However, after all is said and done, it is a unique place amid fantastic sights and views of the Alsace, if you every wanted to stay at a French chateau D'isenbourg is most certainly a place to be tried. It also feels quite warm to be greeted by every single person in the neighborhood, which is a custom in rural areas. It was decidedly an unforgettable stay and anything that lets the place down is really unimportant.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau d`Isenbourg Hotel Rouffach
- Chateau d`Isenbourg Hotel
- Chateau d Isenbourg
- Chateau d Isenbourg Colmar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Restaurant & Spa on the wine trail of Alsace, between Colmar and Mulhouse. 41 rooms of character, swimming pools ind. & out., sauna, hammam and Jacuzzi. Panoramic view. Excellent gastronomy and quality of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Chateau d'Isenbourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.