“Very comfortable hotel with super friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Aston Tuban Inn Bali
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kediri No. 5, Tuban, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Perth, Australia
“Very comfortable hotel with super friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel with very clean, modern rooms and a sparkling pool - look no further. The comfortable pillow top mattresses and quiet, efficient air conditioning are a further bonus. The staff are friendly and helpful and the comprehensive breakfast buffet caters for both Western and Asian guests. Although the location is a little remote for shopping they do offer a shuttle service to and from Discovery mall several times a day. Also Pepito supermarket with its vast range of fresh fruit & vegetables, bakery items and dry goods is within walking distance.
Kerry L

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bandung, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for our one night transit for our flight. So we need a hotel near the airport. This is our first stay here. We usually were staying in other hotel for our flight transit. Since we want to try new ambiance, we decided to try Aston Inn. And this is completely BIG MISTAKE!

We booked the business room because we want to have a really good rest for the next morning flight. When we arrived at the airport no body pick us up as per their promise in the confirmation email. When we called the hotel they said there was no booking per our name and claiming we’re the other Aston chain guest not Aston Inn Tuban and order us to take taxi instead to come to Aston Inn and prove our booking.

The terrible service just continued when we arrived at the hotel. I asked someone at the check in post to help us moved out our stuff from taxi. And the staff at the check in post said that we do not provide this kind of service! NICE! Fortunately one of their security, quite old guy, help my wife to moved out our stuff from taxi without being asked. He’s a nice guy really. Notice that my wife also looked after our 1.5 yo toddler while doing that.

The check in also took 45 minutes. When we’re quite exhausted, especially my 1.5 yo toddler. The staff did not offer my wife and my toddler to seat or rest at lobby. At that time the lobby is very windy (yes the lobby is open air). They still blame me and didn’t trust me because we’re not registered in their system and blame me and my booking agency. Which is WRONG, because I booked directly through their official website not by any travel agencies. And when I showed them the confirmation booking from their own official email (info@astoninntuban.com), they started to make funny dumb face.

Then after really pissed off at the check in process. They guided us to our business room. It was spacious room. Very big indeed. We feel a bit better at that time. BUT, then the problem continued. The bed, was not clean! YES! The brown stain is all over the pillows. Also the bed sheet was crumpled. It was clearly someone just check out from the room and the room service hasn’t change the bed and pillow sheet. OMG! DISGUSTING! And we felt more terrible when we found that the floor in our couch area was full of DUST. And our room has door connected to other room and we can hear loud and clearly the guest conversation next door. Business room, really?

The the staff from the check in post rang us asked me to forward the confirmation email to her manager, I assumed (dm@astoninntuban.com). Instead of asking how but our room and make sure we’re okay, she asked to send that email yes it was about 10 pm. Also when we ordered dine in our room this staff still keen to ask us to send the confirmation email. I’m quite sure she was being asked by her manager. So I really don’t know what kind of manager they hired for this hotel. Instead of make sure the guest have a good rest. She/he asked his staff to rang the guest at night just to make sure she/he got the email. Such a TERRIBLE management!

And they let people to smoking everywhere! Smokers feel free to stay in this hotel!

ENOUGH is ENOUGH! This hotel is completely ruining my image on Aston. Even I know it is only Aston Inn. But still it is TERRIBLE!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AstonTubanInnBali, General Manager at Aston Tuban Inn Bali, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Please allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced while staying with us at Aston Tuban Inn.

Not only does it give me the opportunity to address the issue, and find a way to fix the problem, it also demonstrates your desire for our hotel to improve in our service to you and all of our guests. I truly welcome comments from our guests, both positive and negative, because it is the only way I can learn what our guests are experiencing when visiting our hotel. Let me offer my apologies for the situation you encountered. This is something that we try to avoid but, obviously, we sometimes fall short of the mark despite all our best efforts in satisfying the needs of every guest. It is clear that we dropped the ball, so to speak, when taking care of your needs. This shows me that we have an area where further training is required for the staff in providing our guests with better service. Your situation is not something that happens on a regular basis and it was not handled as it should have been. I hope you can allow us the chance to improve in this area and stay with us again.

Once again thank you for your candid feedback and comments.
Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here and loved it. The food was great, the service wonderful and the bed huge! Highly recommend it. The massage was heaven!
When we had a mix up with payment refund the management did all they could to rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Choose the pool room on ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Aston TubanInn H, Manager at Aston Tuban Inn Bali, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. Always glad to see a happy guest shared their experience after staying with us. We really hope to see you again and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nice to stay……

We first stayed at the Aston Tuban, before we always stayed at Ramada Bintang since 2008 (Jl..Kartika Plaza) and have continued to visit up to 4 times in one year. We recently stayed at the Aston Tuban with our 2 children from the ages of 6 to 12 (Jovan and Devin). It was a first time for our children and they loved it.

When we stayed at the first day, our youngest son heard the sound of lizard (tokek)…he was scared with it…eventually I asked him to called Mitha and told about it…
With feel shy, he told to Mitha.

For attention, hopefully in the future when we stay at Aston, there is nothing the sound of lizard anymore….

Hmmmm Aston Tuban nice place to stay, clean rooms, great pool, staff excellent
( Mita ). Housekeeping was fast, breakfast buffet was good and the hotel was clean.
Finally had a great holiday…….!

Regards
Veronica DR

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We needed a hotel near the airport with a free shuttle bus and debated between this one and the similarly priced Harris Tuban. We loved Harris hospitality and their breakfasts so Tuban didn't match in these categories. But we loved the decor of the rooms, the bathrooms were nicer.

Dinner at the Hula Cafe was amazing and so cheap too! We had the steak rendang, steak sandwich and oxtail soup, all delicious. Unfortunately, breakfast was very mediocre with dried up noodles and fish.

We booked two standard rooms for a really low rate but got upgraded to a pool access deluxe room which we loved. Next time, we won't take the chance and will pay for a deluxe. We could go directly from our veranda to the pool, swim-up bar and restaurant. We kept our valuables in the safe and left the pool door unlocked. It's a small hotel so it was visible from the pool and the restaurant at all times. A bonus for us was that they had a ping pong table which we didn't know about.

The spa was very cheap. There wasn't anything wrong exactly but the treatment was mediocre compared to the other ones I had in Bali. We didn't have time to go anywhere so I can't comment on the free local shuttle bus but I think that's a great service.

Though our stay was less than 24 hours, we had a great time and we would definitely use this as our airport hotel. If the breakfast could be improved, the hotel would be perfect.

Room Tip: Pool access are great for families.
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I wrote review for this hotel previously back in Aug 12. That review was bad enough because I did not get what I expected and paid for. Now sadly I decided to stay at this hotel again after I move from Mercure Harvestland which I should have stayed there. As usual this hotel greeting was friendly. Most staff are friendly and nice to guests and few called you by name. One day I was going to take my pool towel to the top floor to lay under the sun as most of the pool area does not have sun spot in the afternoon. As I was walking toward the lift there were two male stading in front of the lift and asking me: what's your room number? He was rude! I was pretty much hesitant to tell him my room number as I do not know whether if he's work there or not. But eventually told him my room number. As the lift door opened he walked in front of me and hello....I am the guest there! He could wait after me and offer help to press lift button for me but he did not. Later I found it that he is the Chief Accounting that work in this hotel. He was arrogant and was not friendly. I believe his job as Chief Accounting is not to watch the traffic of towels in the hotel. Again at checked out I had to complaint because there were 2 phone bills on my account that I never dialled. But the receptionist said that she can fix it and sometime can happen. Unbelievable! Such a rip off! She deleted the phone bills as that was a mistake by the hotel. Again there was another bill for massage that should have been included as free with my hotel room rate. Again I had to wait for 20 minutes for her to fix it. Lucky at the time I already made reservation to move to another hotel and I could not wait to leave that hotel as I found that they have tried to rip me off twice: my visit in Aug and Dec 12. I will never go back again to this hotel and if you want to enjoy your nice holiday in Bali you should reconsider to look for alternative hotel. This time was my final straw to stay with them. Outdated furniture and smelly bathroom. Too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I really love this place. Have stayed here about 10 times and every time I get treated like family, All the staff, from reception to bar staff to masseurs to gardeners are extremely friendly. I have stayed at other hotels in Bali and around the world but this is by far my favourite. I have Multiple Scerlosis and use crutches. All the staff help me out without being annoying.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but because I find it difficult in a bath\shower (I have Multiple Scerlosis) the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aston TubanInn H, Manager at Aston Tuban Inn Bali, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear PeterVinciullo,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are glad you had a great time and hopefully we will see you back again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Aston Inn Tuban

Been to Aston Tuban Inn Bali? Share your experiences!