“Great hotel with fantastic airconditioning” 4 of 5 stars

Aston Tuban Inn Bali
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kediri No. 5, Tuban, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Launceston, Australia
“Great hotel with fantastic airconditioning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here and loved it. The food was great, the service wonderful and the bed huge! Highly recommend it. The massage was heaven!
When we had a mix up with payment refund the management did all they could to rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Choose the pool room on ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Aston TubanInn H, Manager at Aston Tuban Inn Bali, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. Always glad to see a happy guest shared their experience after staying with us. We really hope to see you again and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nice to stay……

We first stayed at the Aston Tuban, before we always stayed at Ramada Bintang since 2008 (Jl..Kartika Plaza) and have continued to visit up to 4 times in one year. We recently stayed at the Aston Tuban with our 2 children from the ages of 6 to 12 (Jovan and Devin). It was a first time for our children and they loved it.

When we stayed at the first day, our youngest son heard the sound of lizard (tokek)…he was scared with it…eventually I asked him to called Mitha and told about it…
With feel shy, he told to Mitha.

For attention, hopefully in the future when we stay at Aston, there is nothing the sound of lizard anymore….

Hmmmm Aston Tuban nice place to stay, clean rooms, great pool, staff excellent
( Mita ). Housekeeping was fast, breakfast buffet was good and the hotel was clean.
Finally had a great holiday…….!

Regards
Veronica DR

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We needed a hotel near the airport with a free shuttle bus and debated between this one and the similarly priced Harris Tuban. We loved Harris hospitality and their breakfasts so Tuban didn't match in these categories. But we loved the decor of the rooms, the bathrooms were nicer.

Dinner at the Hula Cafe was amazing and so cheap too! We had the steak rendang, steak sandwich and oxtail soup, all delicious. Unfortunately, breakfast was very mediocre with dried up noodles and fish.

We booked two standard rooms for a really low rate but got upgraded to a pool access deluxe room which we loved. Next time, we won't take the chance and will pay for a deluxe. We could go directly from our veranda to the pool, swim-up bar and restaurant. We kept our valuables in the safe and left the pool door unlocked. It's a small hotel so it was visible from the pool and the restaurant at all times. A bonus for us was that they had a ping pong table which we didn't know about.

The spa was very cheap. There wasn't anything wrong exactly but the treatment was mediocre compared to the other ones I had in Bali. We didn't have time to go anywhere so I can't comment on the free local shuttle bus but I think that's a great service.

Though our stay was less than 24 hours, we had a great time and we would definitely use this as our airport hotel. If the breakfast could be improved, the hotel would be perfect.

Room Tip: Pool access are great for families.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I wrote review for this hotel previously back in Aug 12. That review was bad enough because I did not get what I expected and paid for. Now sadly I decided to stay at this hotel again after I move from Mercure Harvestland which I should have stayed there. As usual this hotel greeting was friendly. Most staff are friendly and nice to guests and few called you by name. One day I was going to take my pool towel to the top floor to lay under the sun as most of the pool area does not have sun spot in the afternoon. As I was walking toward the lift there were two male stading in front of the lift and asking me: what's your room number? He was rude! I was pretty much hesitant to tell him my room number as I do not know whether if he's work there or not. But eventually told him my room number. As the lift door opened he walked in front of me and hello....I am the guest there! He could wait after me and offer help to press lift button for me but he did not. Later I found it that he is the Chief Accounting that work in this hotel. He was arrogant and was not friendly. I believe his job as Chief Accounting is not to watch the traffic of towels in the hotel. Again at checked out I had to complaint because there were 2 phone bills on my account that I never dialled. But the receptionist said that she can fix it and sometime can happen. Unbelievable! Such a rip off! She deleted the phone bills as that was a mistake by the hotel. Again there was another bill for massage that should have been included as free with my hotel room rate. Again I had to wait for 20 minutes for her to fix it. Lucky at the time I already made reservation to move to another hotel and I could not wait to leave that hotel as I found that they have tried to rip me off twice: my visit in Aug and Dec 12. I will never go back again to this hotel and if you want to enjoy your nice holiday in Bali you should reconsider to look for alternative hotel. This time was my final straw to stay with them. Outdated furniture and smelly bathroom. Too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I really love this place. Have stayed here about 10 times and every time I get treated like family, All the staff, from reception to bar staff to masseurs to gardeners are extremely friendly. I have stayed at other hotels in Bali and around the world but this is by far my favourite. I have Multiple Scerlosis and use crutches. All the staff help me out without being annoying.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but because I find it difficult in a bath\shower (I have Multiple Scerlosis) the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aston TubanInn H, Manager at Aston Tuban Inn Bali, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear PeterVinciullo,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are glad you had a great time and hopefully we will see you back again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Aston Inn Tuban
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Room were clean,comfortable and spacious.Staff very helpful and they really like to smile and kind.Breakfast buffet were great too..large variety of food.Pool nice and clean.Hotel near to convienient shop/mosque/warong food(minang/padang)/souvenier shop(KRISHNA).Lomi-lomi spa is a great value for money.Reccomended Hotel for anybody coming to Bali especially for muslim.

Room Tip: ROOM 105 near to pool and near to hula2 cafe
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aston TubanInn H, Manager at Aston Tuban Inn Bali, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your kind review! See you again next time!
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The rooms were clean and comfortable. I choose this as my 2nd option (the other was fully booked). It has a free shuttle to the airport which is great.

The staff were very helpful and attentive. Breakfast had a few western selections and a lot of Indonesian/Muslim foods. A large variety of foods some I had never seen before so that was a nice surprise.

Went for a massage in the Lomi Lomi Spa which was very nice. Feel great today!
I asked for a quiet room and it was quiet on Sunday, but Saturday I could still here noise from the construction next door. My friend had a pool view room and on Saturday morning was woken up at 6am to all the children playing in the room and screaming and making heaps of noise.
Incredible amount of restaurants outside too, and if you walk the main street there are even more! I went shopping in a local place for souvenirs (about 20mins walk from the hotel) - great gifts and excellent prices too,

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and avoid the pool rooms at the weekend!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Aston TubanInn H, Manager at Aston Tuban Inn Bali, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with Aston Tuban Inn and taking the time to post your review.We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay experience with us. We are also glad that you have found your room clean and comfortable. Whilst I was pleased you found our staffs were very helpful and attentive. I was most concerned to learn that you were disturbed by noise from the construction next door. I have liaised with the project contractor to ensure minimal noise disturbance by regulating the work between 9.am to 5pm.We look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Tuban Inn for your next Bali vacation.

Been to Aston Tuban Inn Bali? Share your experiences!