“Atrocious customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Vira Bali Hotel

You added The Vira Bali Hotel to your Saves list
The Vira Bali Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kartika Plaza No 127, Tuban, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Best Rate Guarantee!!
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Melbourne, Australia
“Atrocious customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Before I booked this hotel I rang to confirm it was in a quiet location. I arrived after little sleep expecting a few restful hours before exploring Bali. An adjacent convention centre was hosting a performance rehearsal. The sound was absolutely deafening and the room was physically shuddering with the din
I approached reception over the issue and the person in charge apologised and said ' don't worry the noise will be finished shortly'. The noise maintained from 2-10 pm at a deafening pitch. I returned to the manager and demanded that I see someone with some authority. Of course no-one had any authority. I told them I did not want to stay and they suggested I leave but would relinquish full payment on the room. They said the payment system was automated so I could not leave for the second night. I received apologies from the staff at reception but they were totally ineffectual - the manager could not be contacted. I insisted I see him and he returned the following day where I explained that I felt the hotel could not reasonably expect paying customers to put up with this deafening noise. He nodded and smiled and then suggested it was unfortunate but he couldn't control noise levels in the area. I again asked to leave with a refund for my second night which was refused. This is pitiful customer service. This place will not compete long in a place like Bali with so many places who will bend over backwards to accommodate you. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Udon Thani, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was very pleased with the service at The Vira Bali Hotel when I stayed there December 7, 2013. The staff are excellent and the proximity to the airport was a very big plus. I stayed in a pool access room on the first floor and it was very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Vira Bali with my wife. Great service, clean room, and excellent location really created a magic to the entire vacation. As it was a a honey moon vacation it was a great gesture from the hotel to give a special service in all respect. I would really appreciate such a kind service and hospitality.Great place to stay....Keep it up.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

In Bali for business, my wife was able to spend time enjoying the hotel pool, internet and local facilities such as the many massage and beauty salons nearby while I was busy. The restaurant has a good range of food for both lunch and dinners. We ate here twice for dinner and also lunch. Breakfast buffet was included in the tariff and was very good.

Our room was excellent, large and all one could ask for.

Staff were excellent. Smiling, helpful and eager to please. One could not ask for more attentive staff.

The hotel overall was an excellent choice by my hosts and if in Bali again I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Photographs of the front of the Vira Hotel do not do this hotel justice. Despite it's somewhat dull exterior, the hotel is actually very pleasant. From the moment we were picked up from the hotel, offered a cool bottle of water for the 10 minute trip, we were not disappointed at all. The rooms and bathroom are of a fair size and very clean. Breakfast offered a wide range of choices which certainly satisfied our needs. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for families with young children as the pool area is not very large, but the pool is very inviting and pleasantly cool. The staff of the Vira are very friendly and could not have been more helpful. The location of the hotel is very close to the airport, but surprisingly, we didn't hear anything. The hotel is on the main street of Kuta and it's only a very short walk to shops, restaurants and beach. Highly recommended for good value.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony looking over the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dili, East Timor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Vira Bali. Great service, comfortable, clean room, and excellent location. The only problem that I had is that the internet went down for almost a 24 hour period. However, everything else was very good. It's also very nice to get pick up service at the airport. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
North Island, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just got back from staying 10 days at this wonderful hotel. Staff were fantastic, constantly being of assistance and friendly. Rooms were serviced every day to an A+++ standard. Pool was spotless and also reception and hallways very clean. Hotel is very close to airport and quite central to a lot of restaurants if you enjoy walking. Being 2 20 year olds we enjoyed the walk to the restaurants and if not taxi's were cheap. On our last day out check out was at 12pm however our flights weren't until late evening, staff were lovely and let us rent a different room for a few extra hours at a small cost.

The Massages at the hotel were fantastic and so were the meals. Just take note that there is a 21% surcharge added to everything but totally worth it. Buffet breakfast was reasonably good for a buffet with quite a wide range of foods

The only negatives I have to say about this hotel is that the rooms were quite dark. We had a room that opened up to the pool and we found that if our door blinds weren't open fully then the room was quite dark however if the blinds were open other visitors walking past could see in.

The pool shuts at 7pm which for those who like a nice evening swim after dark could not do which for us was a pity however i understand later at night the last thing you want to hear is children playing in the pool when you are trying to sleep.

Also no towels were available to take from the motel or to rent if you wanted to go to the beach. Plenty of towels were available if sitting by the pool but if you want to take a towel to the beach or waterbom park I recommend buying one or bringing your own.

Airport to hotel and vice-Versa transfers were available but only if you asked for them and it was a small charge of about $6 each way.

Overall I loved this hotel and would go back there if I was to ever visit Bali again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Vira Bali Hotel? Share your experiences!