“Georgeous place, wonderful staff, lovely rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Rama Beach Resort and Villas
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Jenggala, Tuban, Bali 80001, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Tuban
Hobart
“Georgeous place, wonderful staff, lovely rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We ended up booking 10 days at the Rama Beach in Tuban (near airport but not noisy) for our trip to Bali. Our friends were all staying in Kuta but as we joined the trip late a lot of places were booked out. The resort had a free shuttle to and from Kuta daily which was great but it was also a lovely walk - either via the streets or the beach. The buffet breakfast was awesome with everything you could imagine - hot dishes, fresh fruits, cereals, man on hand to cook your eggs or omelettes just the way you wanted! The pool area and day beds were fantastic. Could not fault this resort.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

712 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

exellent hotel, great pool, great restaurant, kind staff, beautiful place

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

This hotel is Ok...stayed in two one bedroom villas. The rooms were very nice looking and bathrooms very large with a tub....however the bathrooms had some plumbing issues....the smell was less than plesant and did not flush everytime in either room. Breakfast was average at best however dinner menue was good. Tour service was very helpful and great. The pool although very pretty was deep...2.4 meters with no shallow end only a seperate end for toddlers. Location was the biggest problem...yes it is near...half a block...to a beach but that beach was terrible (dirty, no services)...and there are very few services such as resturaunts etc near this hotel.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed here for 12 nights for some well needed R&R and thats exactly what I got.
This was my 6th trip to Bali and my first visit to this hotel and I really enjoyed my stay.
The gardens and pool area are gorgeous. Having seen many of the tourist attractions on previous trips all I really wanted was a nice pleasant place to chill out during the day and there was always plenty of sun loungers available by the pool for the many books I read.
The staff were very polite and helpful especially susie who worked in the restuarant. She always had a smile and something nice to say. Thankyou to the gardening man who gave me the frangipani flowers for my patio you always had a smile on the dial.
I loved the buffet breakfast especially the omelette bar. Banana smoothies became a staple by the pool middle of the afternoon and they were delicious.
My room had nice decor with a lovely four poster bed the only negative was the mattress was a bit firm. I would have liked to have seen the pool villa's but they were always occupied when I checked to view them. But I cannot complain about my cottage and its peaceful location, secluded but still able to see the world pass by beyond the garden area. I would say that by the end of my stay I did get use to the South African horns from the Fifa soccer playing on the large screens in the restaurant.
I was most appreciated of the front reception staff on the13th June who assisted me to get to the doctor in the early days of my stay when I developed vertigo and nystagmus. Being solo it lessened a frightening situation to know that the hotel does assist in these circumstances. I saw a Dr Jo at the clinic and she was very professional, the care I received was what we would have done in Australia. She had access to Mims reference online and she found the equivalent medication I was requesting to treat my condition. I didn't let on I was a nurse but I could not fault their care and monitoring. Within 24 hours I was almost back to my old self, back on my trusty old scooter and back in the swimming pool despite have to wear these stupid earplugs when swimming.
Having never stayed in Tuban before your legs get a bit of a workout walking to the hub of the shopping areas. But there is an excellent walking path along the beachfront to Discovery Plaza passing many exotic restaurants usually took about 20min walk depending on if I stopped for a banana smoothie or pancake on the way.
Many thanks to Rama Beach Resort, I wanted rest, solitude, peace and quiet and thats exactly what I got to recharge the batteries.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I arranged a training program for nearly 40 people. The service provided by the staff at Rama Beach was just amazing. The only people who did not greet me whenever I passed were other guests. The staff were friendly, helpful and generous. Nothing was too much for them. They photocopied documents for me at short notice, hired me a printer, supplied meals and breaks that were delicious, even produced a clock when I asked. My room was always clean, bottled water freely available, The grounds are very attractive, with a beautiful pool always waiting for the over-heated - Me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed here for a 4D3N stay.. This hotel was one of the choices on my travel agent's tour package. I selected this hotel initially because of the reasonable price tag. I wanted to exchange the free meal given by the hotel for a massage, which was rejected.. but in the end they also gave us a 15-minute foot & leg massage in the hotel spa. The free meal was a lot in quantity, but lack choices.

What I like =

1. The room is roomy, and has large space. The bed is clean and comfortable. If your room is on the ground floor, you'll have your own "garden" that is equipped with 2 chairs for you to enjoy a peaceful rest.
2. The depth of the swimming pool is 2.4 m. They don't have a bar in the pool, but there's a dry bar just next to the pool. You can also order any food/beverage from the coffee terrace. Or just have your buffet breakfast by the pool =)
3. The swimming pool is beautiful decorated with 4 waterfalls, a verandah, a few steps that acts like an inclined seat in the pool, and an island with a palm tree in the pool.
4. The free massage =)
5. The large portion of meal served in the coffee terrace.
6. The drive for the resort's free shuttle service was excellent. He brought us to their local Babi-guling outlet and ask the lady there to charge us local price, instead of tourist price.

What I dislike =

1. The beach nearby is definitely one of the worst around Kuta. It is not swimmable and it is dirty. FYI.. the beach is 100m walk from the resort.
2. The "beach resort" does not have a beach view room.
3. Salty tap/shower water.

In summary =

This resort is definitely worth a try.. only if you meet these conditions:
1. Far from the busy Kuta main stretch, but would still like to stay in Kuta.
2. Beautiful beach is only an option.
3. For a relaxing, "enjoy-the-resort & non-outgoing" holiday.

Have fun !!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed at the end of our holiday for 2 nights. We got a deal in a family villa.
Pool very clean and a great size. Not crowded. Always sun lounges available. Not far from beach to walk along to Kuta on path. Would stay again. Villas were great would stay again - very spacious with air con, dvd player tv etc. Friends stayed in resort rooms which were very nice as well. Internet cafe across the road at convienience store very cheap. Cheaper than at hotel. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was great at resort. We ate out for all other meals, as we like to explore.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Rama Beach Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!