I spent four nights here and had a very relaxing time. The hotel is not one big building but rather several smaller two-storey buildings scattered across a beautiful and very well-tended garden with lots of beautiful plans and flowers. The main building houses a spacious and well-appointed lobby next to a koi pond, the bar and the restaurant that doubles as breakfast room, and which is flanked by the pool area. All the entrances have security checks to ensure a safe stay.
The hotel is in a quiet location slightly out of town, but there are several restaurants and shops close by. In a few minutes, you can easily walk to the newly built Lippo Mall, and the hotel offers a free shuttle bus to the town centre several times a day.
The free WiFi works very well and is comparably fast, however it is only available in the main building (lobby, restaurant, bar) and the pool area. This was absolutely sufficient for me, after all I wanted to spend my holidays on Bali and not on the internet. However, for a small fee you can also get WiFi in your room, if you want.
While this hotel is not new, everything was very clean and well-kept, I found nothing that was broken, looked worn out or did not work. Not only the rooms but all the facilities and the garden are kept very clean and obviously receive a lot of care.
The breakfast offers a lot of choices, from cornflakes and toast to hot Asian dishes, pancakes and eggs of all kinds made right in front of your eyes and fresh exotic fruit, to name just a few. Besides offering a wide range of breakfast food, the buffet also changes each day, offing even more variety. The restaurant also serves several snacks and pizza throughout the day, as well as a very tasty dinner.
The pool is good, it has a shallow area for children to play in, a deeper area and a pool bar. I never had a drink at the pool bar myself, but it seemed well-frequented to me. While I completely understand their necessity, the rather high concentration of chemicals in the pool should be mentioned as the only point of criticism I really have. I still enjoys swimming in it, though, and if you take a shower afterwards, everything is fine.
The Sukha Spa belonging to the hotel is superb and offers a selection of massages, beauty treatments or whole packages consisting sever different treatments at a vey reasonable rate. While the on-site spa is more expensive than the massage parlours and spas that line the streets, the service is in no way comparable, and I would always spend the extra money to get an overall fantastic and relaxing experience in an equally relaxing and safe atmosphere. All of the therapists were fantastic, knew what they were doing and were always friendly.
This brings me to the heart and soul of this hotel and what really makes this place unique in my eyes: the staff! Everyone was unfailingly polite, extremely friendly and welcoming, helpful and generally lovely. Everyone speaks English, and will always greet you with a cheerful "good morning/afternoon/evening" and a smile. They even phone you to remind you about breakfast if you seem not to be turning up in time. Never have I been made to feel more welcome than here. My thanks to everyone at the Risata for making my stay fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Risata Bali Resort & Spa is just 5 minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport,walking distance to Lippo Mall,Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park,Kuta Art Market, Centre and Kuta Beach. It features a spa and a large outdoor pool with a bar amongst natural surroundings. Featuring modern home comfort and elements of Balinese artistry, rooms are decorated in shades of calming green and dark wooden furniture. Each has a flat-screen TV and coffee-making facilities. A safety deposit box is provided. You can enjoy Balinese dance or cooking classes conducted by the resort. It also has a library set in a traditional Balinese outdoor pavilion and a free fitness centre. Free internet access is available in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Risata Bali Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Risata Bali Hotel Tuban
- Risata Bali Resort And Spa
- Risata Bali Resort & Spa Tuban