Stayed at the Patra Bali on this trip and overall had a pretty good experience - though certainly not a 5 star experience.
Pros : Great access to the airport and Kuta. Right on the beach with some great swimming pools. If you get the Deluxe Suite it's quite spacious which is really nice. The air conditioning worked well and had a remote. Everybody is friendly. Cleaning service is thorough and consistent. Great (better) restaurant choices all within walking distance (e.g. - Envy @ Holiday Inn). Breakfast bar was good with great selection, excellent service and friendly staff, as well as music each morning. Try the omelette station - yumm. They stored our luggage and allowed us to shower in the spa on our departure day (we had a late pick-up) which was nice.
Cons : Had an ant problem in the bathroom (a ground floor room) and it took 2 calls to get someone to spray around the sink and the toilet (near the drain). I haven't seen an ant since they sprayed - I wish I had made the call a week earlier :o) I asked for ice with my dinner when I ordered it and they told me that they would charge me for it - not impressed with that. Room service gives you very small quantities of anything we ordered and it was overpriced, as was the restaurant. The fitness facility is almost non-existent (pretty weak). There were no daytime activities at all (perhaps this is a North American thing ?), and no real nightly entertainment to speak of other than live music at dinner.
All in all I would have given this a solid 4star, not a 5 star experience. My rating is based on them calling it a 5 Star. Good Hotel, Good Service, Great Pools, Nice Deluxe Suite - just not 5 star (as advertised).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Patra Jasa Bali Resort and Villas is set amongst 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas Tuban