This was our first hotel in Bali after the very long journey from Europe. We booked our stay with points, which normally gets you a standard room, which was too small for us (2 adults + 2 small children), but by e-mailing to the hotel they provided upgrade fees to other room types where we could fit the full family. Communication was very prompt and efficient, and with a few e-mails back and forth we arranged the upgrade, a baby cot, an extra bed and airport pickup (very welcome after the long flight).
Everything was perfect and made for a great start of our holiday: our room (Deluxe Garden View) was very spacious (even with the extra bed and the cot), and there was a fridge that you could fill yourself (there's a convenience store in the hotel itself, or a supermarket in a new shopping mall less than 10 mins away on foot), great for our baby supplies.
There's a great kids pool in the shade (great!), only about 40 cms deep. Floating bars and rings can be borrowed at the pool bar. We didn't have time to do everything, but you can borrow bikes and ride along the beach (which is just outside the hotels), go jogging (maps provided), use the kids club, join the many activities organised every day, visit the spa and I am sure I am still forgetting something...
We tried all restaurants and they were all very good and good value, with several options for the kids (the kids eat free deal was great too), plus there were highchairs (a rarity everywhere else on our trip). All the staff was very friendly, very helpful and lovely towards us and the kids.
We usually stay in small guesthouses or b&b when travelling so this was a bit of an exception for us - however we enjoyed every moment of our stay and when we look back to our holiday thinking about what we would have done differently, we both agree that we should have stayed longer at this hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali Tuban