I stayed at this resort for 5 nights in May with my partner. Check in was great, you are met with a cool drink, fresh cold towel and one of those beautiful Balinese smiles. The staff were lovely and our check in was hasty, which is just what you want after sitting on a plane for a couple of hours after a very early start! We were shown to our room by a friendly porter who dealt with our luggage. He stayed to show us the features of our room. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The grounds of the hotel are also clean, contemporary and all the staff are quick to offer a friendly smile.
The beach is directly behind the resort, dotted with long tail boats and locals selling their wares. It can be overwhelming if it is your first trip to Bali, as soon as you step off the hotel property you are approached by up to 7 locals trying to sell you something! In saying that, they are friendly and will leave you alone after you decline to purchase anything. They are truly friendly and are happy to just chat to you. I am Australian, spoiled by beautiful beaches at home, so I would say this beach is nothing spectacular, but it is clean and close. You can hire a boat to take you to the closest surf break Airport Left for around $5, although there is far better surf elsewhere.
Breakfast was delish! The food at Envy on the resort grounds is amazing! Cheap (compared to Aussie prices not compared to Bali prices) and very tasty (I have stayed at other hotels in Bali and still have to visit Envy when there!), but very western. There is an extensive cocktail menu, all fantastic, I tried them all! The staff are lovely and always up for a chat. Its an ideal spot at sunset.
There are sun loungers facing the beach near the pool which are the prime spots and also sun loungers on the beach where you can get a lovely local to give you a foot massage for a small sum. The pool bar has happy hour, but this is a family resort so lots of kids around.
I loved the day spa, expensive compared to out on the street, but Lestari was a great massuese and it is more luxurious. I went every day!
The staff were very friendly and helpful, assisting us with reservations and booking activities. It is a 10-15 min walk along the beach to shops, bars etc. Lots of taxis outside to take you to Uluwatu, Ubud, Seminyak, wherever else you want to see. I would definitely recommend this resort. I would say it is suited to families, couples and those looking to relax. If you are looking to party probably book somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali Tuban