I stayed at this resort for 5 nights in May with my partner. Check in was great, you are met with a cool drink, fresh cold towel and one of those beautiful Balinese smiles. The staff were lovely and our check in was hasty, which is just what you want after sitting on a plane for a couple of hours after a very early start! We were shown to our room by a friendly porter who dealt with our luggage. He stayed to show us the features of our room. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The grounds of the hotel are also clean, contemporary and all the staff are quick to offer a friendly smile.
The beach is directly behind the resort, dotted with long tail boats and locals selling their wares. It can be overwhelming if it is your first trip to Bali, as soon as you step off the hotel property you are approached by up to 7 locals trying to sell you something! In saying that, they are friendly and will leave you alone after you decline to purchase anything. They are truly friendly and are happy to just chat to you. I am Australian, spoiled by beautiful beaches at home, so I would say this beach is nothing spectacular, but it is clean and close. You can hire a boat to take you to the closest surf break Airport Left for around $5, although there is far better surf elsewhere.
Breakfast was delish! The food at Envy on the resort grounds is amazing! Cheap (compared to Aussie prices not compared to Bali prices) and very tasty (I have stayed at other hotels in Bali and still have to visit Envy when there!), but very western. There is an extensive cocktail menu, all fantastic, I tried them all! The staff are lovely and always up for a chat. Its an ideal spot at sunset.
There are sun loungers facing the beach near the pool which are the prime spots and also sun loungers on the beach where you can get a lovely local to give you a foot massage for a small sum. The pool bar has happy hour, but this is a family resort so lots of kids around.
I loved the day spa, expensive compared to out on the street, but Lestari was a great massuese and it is more luxurious. I went every day!
The staff were very friendly and helpful, assisting us with reservations and booking activities. It is a 10-15 min walk along the beach to shops, bars etc. Lots of taxis outside to take you to Uluwatu, Ubud, Seminyak, wherever else you want to see. I would definitely recommend this resort. I would say it is suited to families, couples and those looking to relax. If you are looking to party probably book somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the Island of the Gods, the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali is guided by its namesake, the Balinese God of the Ocean. Located on three hectares of beautifully terraced tropical gardens, this contemporary, Balinese-inspired resort features 195 guest rooms and suites along a perfect stretch of white sand beach. Appealing to families and couples alike, Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali is situated in the secluded enclave of Tuban, an easy 10 minute drive from the airport, and a short stroll to the vibrant shopping and entertainment area of Kuta. Guests will be spoiled for the choice with families enjoying the themed KidSuites, Family Suites and the many creative children s and teen s activities. Couples can groove to the beat at The Beach chill out bar & restaurant or relax with a soothing treatment at the oceanside Tea Tree Spa. For those choosing the resort for meeting and incentive programs, whether it is the naturally lit Balinese-styled ballroom, roof-top terrace or the many themed events, a program at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali is sure to bring the team together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.