Stayed in junior suite with family (2 adults and 2 kids) For 6 days. The room was spacious and comfortable. The facilities are excellent. There is a nice pool with pool counter selling drinks and snack; also there is a kids pool. The restaurants are nice, breakfast is great with many choices, there are counters selling ice cream, corn on the cob and other food near the pool area. Our kids loved the kids club where they learned various arts and crafts, some Balinese language and had lots of fun activities. We watched Balinese dance on Friday night at the poolside and fire dance on Wednesday night in the restaurant. The were totally free of cost and very enjoyable. The beach is just next to the hotel and very nice. The resort is at a strategic locations - within 15 minutes of walking distance to the downtown but far enough to be quiet. Hotel staff are wonderful and always greet with smile.
On the negative side ... One warning. There is a outside vendor selling tour packages. These packages are good but over priced. You can hire a taxi with driver at less than 50% of price for the same tour and Bali is very safe place. Another bad thing is that the lunch is not included in the package and the driver took us to an expensive restaurant for lunch instead of giving choices to pick from many restaurants roadside. I would suspect that the tour company gets some commission from that restaurant as well. To make things worst people were smoking a lot in the restaurant making us very uncomfortable. They had no non smoking area. My advise is definitely stay at Holiday Inn but avoid this tour company.
A caution: Indonesia government charges 150000 Rupiah or US $15 per person as departure tax at the airport. This is in addition to the visa fee while entering the country!!! This took many travelers by surprise. Make sure you have enough Rupiah while leaving the country to pay this tax. If you pay with currencies other than Rupiah or US$ then the airport authorities charge even higher. For example I paid by Singapore dollars and they charged 25 Singapore dollar (correct exchange rate vs. Rupiah should be only 18.50 Singapore dollar). The official receipts had only the amount written in Rupiah, not how much I paid in Sing dollar. I'm wondering about the experience of other travelers and the honesty of these airport officials.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the Island of the Gods, the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali is guided by its namesake, the Balinese God of the Ocean. Located on three hectares of beautifully terraced tropical gardens, this contemporary, Balinese-inspired resort features 195 guest rooms and suites along a perfect stretch of white sand beach. Appealing to families and couples alike, Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali is situated in the secluded enclave of Tuban, an easy 10 minute drive from the airport, and a short stroll to the vibrant shopping and entertainment area of Kuta. Guests will be spoiled for the choice with families enjoying the themed KidSuites, Family Suites and the many creative children s and teen s activities. Couples can groove to the beat at The Beach chill out bar & restaurant or relax with a soothing treatment at the oceanside Tea Tree Spa. For those choosing the resort for meeting and incentive programs, whether it is the naturally lit Balinese-styled ballroom, roof-top terrace or the many themed events, a program at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali is sure to bring the team together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban