“Great transfer hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Sutherland Shire, Australia
“Great transfer hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel we Stayed in this hotel for just day rest as our flight was late at night. The rooms are adequate, clean..a little musty but overall it was at a bargain price of $60. The hotel has free transfers to the airport, it's literally next door. The staff are super bubbly and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Rennie74,

thank you for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
Please accept my apology for musty room. I have briefed Housekeeping team to be more sensitive of this kind of condition.
I am sure next time you stay with us, you wont find this condition anymore at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

However, I am glad that you were enjoying your stay with HARRIS Tuban even though only for short period.

Looking forward welcoming you back at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My partner and i stayed here for one night before our morning flight to Lombok. Airport pickup was smooth (and free!), hotel is literally next door to the airport. Staff were friendly, hotel clean and comfortable for what you pay. Breakfast was nice. On arrival I was worried that it might be noisy as it is so close to the airport but we had a room at the back of the hotel and it was very quiet.
Great place to stay if you are in transit and needing something clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tdavies236,

thank you for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. And, thank you for mentioning that it is no noise at all from the airport, neither from the Airport extension project nor the airplane movements. Many future guests have been asking this. I understand they concern, as if I were them, I would have the same concern.

I am so glad that you were enjoying your stay with HARRIS Tuban.

Looking forward welcoming you back at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

As expected.
Clean
Quiet
Open 24-7
Would not recommend for extended stays. I landed at 12am and was ideal for me

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear vve007,

thank you for your short but yet very statistically review.

Yes, HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali is very near to the airport and suitable for late flight arrivals like you were. I am glad that you enjoy your short stay with us.
Many of our long stay guests enjoying their stay due to HARRIS Tuban location is not at the heart of the "city" so it is a place where you can avoid all the noises and the traffic jam. Many alternatives road to many places. And even it is near the airport, but the noise from airport for take off and landing aircraft is none.
Since HARRIS Tuban location is nearer to the Airport makes we are safer place to stay during the holiday.

vve007, thank you once more and I am looking forward welcoming you back at HARRIS Tuban.

Kakadu National Park, Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We arrived late into Bali, and pre-booked into the Harris (2 bedroom $100AUD) as it was close and convenient. We didn't get the pick up service - the can cost $AUD6 from the airport.
The room was colourful, clean and in great condition. Both bedrooms had everything you needed, big bed, bathroom, even complimentry toiletries.
There is a small kitchen and small loungeroom, perhaps too small for a room designed for 4 persons.
The balcony off the loungeroom was nice, however looked onto a large stone wall. Nothing inspiring there.
The staff were attentive, friendly and professional.
Breakfast the next morning $AUD6 per person) was tasty; the variety was fantastic.
The grounds are lovely, well tended and pretty to look at.
The pool was big, although I think that would change if you had more than 12 guests in it at a time.
Location wise was ok, it is a 5 minute walk to Sunset Road (no traffic noise at hotel), however nothing overly interesting is within walking distance. A short can ride $AUD3 will get you into Kuta though.
This hotel is perfect for what we used it for - a quick stopover on our ay to somewhere else.
I think the room we had would be too small for an extended stay with a group of 4.
Give it a go and make up your own mind.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear WizardofAus1,

thank you very much for your time posting a positive comment of HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

What an unfortunate situation where you have to take taxi from Airport. HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali provides a FREE Airport pickup and drop off service anytime 24/7. Just let us know on your reservation that you need one. On your arrival date, HARRISMan with Orange Polo will greet you at the arrival gate with paging board and your name on it.
Also for travelling to Kuta area, HARRIS Hotels in Bali (four properties in Bali) provides you with FREE Shuttle Bus service. The schedule is available at the Reception Desk for your convenience. And, since Bali's traffic sometimes is too hectic, our shuttle bus equipped with WIFI to keep you connected to the virtual world.

WizardofAus1, once again, thank you for your review.
I am personally looking forward to welcome you back to HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

It's very near the airport like less than 5min. Even tho i stay only for 1 night and arriving late, i still get picked up. Room & bathroom is clean. Price is budget and it has free wifi! Many hotels do not give free wifi, so this is great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Ms. Clair_Ng,

thank you for your valuable comments. I am sure all HARRIS Tuban Players are proud of what you are writing about us.

Free Wifi, FREE Airport Transfer and many other things are the way we build your Bali visit experience a nice and memorable one.
We are the closest Hotel around the Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport, therefore we are here for you and many other short-stop guests to enjoy Bali. We always say that HARRIS Tuban is the place where you start and finish your journey to Bali.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience staying with us.
I am personally looking forward welcoming you back at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

gm@harris-tuban-bali.com
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you have ever stayed in a Harris establishment then you will be prepared for the onslaught or orange that is their branding. Their hotel in Tuban does good business out of being right next to the airport which is great if you are just in transit or have to catch one of the really early flights. The airport transfers are handy and very easy to spot amongst the scrum that is Denpasar arrivals thanks to their bright orange shirts. With the airport expansion, these guys are literally the first door on the left as you leave the airport.

The pool is not bad but they run the chemicals through it every evening so make sure you get the swim in before dinner. The sheets are clean but are also cheap and feel plastic. Staff are quite good.

On the whole, it's a place you stay as a business traveller for its airport convenience and no other reason. The lack of any atmosphere and its location make it unsuitable for anthing else. I now stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go for close to the front and on the same level as reception to cut down the number of stairs you ha...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Pak Daryl,

Thank you for your review and your comment is valuable for us.
You are correct that HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali is upgrading the facilities and amenities on stages. Our guests' conveniences are our priority.

Like many other guests, you are very welcome to dial 0 (Reception desk) for luggage down assistance. Our HARRIS Men will be very happy to help you with your luggage.

Thank you very much and looking forward welcoming you at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

As a expat living in Indonesia I am always traveling for work or meetings. As I live in Lombok I have had to go to Bali many times to meet clients so I always chose the Harris in Tuban, location to the airport is great and close to where I met clients for meetings. Friday the 13 Apr I arrived after booking online with Agoda, which included advising the Harris I will need pick up from airport, I even supplied flight details and requested a lower level Harris suite.

Well I arrived in Bali and waited at the airport for 45 minutes and no driver was there so I took an airport taxi to go a kilometer ( Rp.45.000), on arrival I approached reception and asked why I had not been picked up, after checking the paperwork he advised me that his friend was on standby at the airport ( most likely asleep in the car park), I told him that when a pickup is waiting at the airport the best place to meet is just outside the arrivals. Next he gave me a key to a suite on an upper level, I mentioned that I had requested a lower level and was told sorry it was already taken. Well what can I do, so I accepted it.

On my last night I decided to have dinner in my room and looked at the menu and picked one of the Harris Hotel's Signature meals off the menu, the Gulai Kambing ( Lamb Curry) for Rp.100.000 which is not cheap in Indonesia( a family of 4 in Indonesia could eat well for a night with this). Anyway as I sat back thinking of the Lamb Curry it arrived, after signing the docket the staff left and I sat down and took the lid off the dessert plate in which the dish was in. To my surprise it was not full, in fact there was about 1/2 inch of watery dish water with a bit of stringy pieces of lamb and gristle( well I hope it was lamb). I could not taste the curry and for the amount of food in this so called signature dish of the Harris was not nearly worth Rp.100.000.

Prior to booking this hotel again I was advised by some colleagues that the Harris had changed and was going down hill, I said no that could not happen as I have always found the Harris ok, well from now on I will listen to people, this will be my last stay at the Harris. Yes it has friendly staff, yes it is close to the airport but for eating at the hotel, GO OUT or get a chef that can provide an Adult meal not a kiddie meal, for airport pickup well that's a chance you take depending on the staff on duty on the day you arrive.

Harris Tuban you have lost a regular customer due to a few simple things that you should have been aware of if you were proactive in managing your establishment.

Room Tip: Eat out and arrange your own transport from the airport
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Pak Martin Peter,

thank you very much for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

I am very sorry to know that your expectation of HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali was not delivered as much as you deserved.
Upon receiving your constructive comments, I have collected data and done the investigation on what happened during the day you arrived at Bali International Airport and on the evening you had our Lamb Curry.
I am not going to raise excuses, but the bottom line on this case is ineffective communication and the need of further training.
Therefore, I will sit down together with Personnel and Training Department to execute the progressive training plan, particularly to avoid this unnecessary situation happened in the future.

Dear Pak Martin Peters, I am sure this is not a pattern that HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali will repeat again. We are always learning from our blunder. And, I am sure, next time you or your colleagues visiting the Hotel, all of you will see improvements.

I am looking forward personally welcoming you back at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

The General Manager
gm@harris-tuban-bali.com

Been to HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali? Share your experiences!