“You'll feel welcome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Ahwahnee B&B and Inns
San Jose, California
“You'll feel welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Just stayed 3 nights at the Apple Blossom Inn and couldn't be happier with our visit! (and our dog loved it, too!)

This is a 'real' B&B - No TV (but a nice selection of videos and a player if you'd like to kick back and watch a movie). A relaxing deck where you can sit and read--or, take a relaxing soak in the hot tub. One exception to the 'traditional B&B' rule --there is GREAT internet access, so if you absolutely HAVE to check in with work, you can. Or, you can post to Facebook what a GREAT time you're having.

The Innkeeper Candy is so welcoming and ready to make your stay a wonderful one. The Inn is home-like, the view is great, the breakfasts are DELICIOUS, and Candy is a joy. We shared great stories and feel like we really found a friend.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Selected rooms are reserved for those traveling with pets. If you are a family, the cottage will acc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

After driving accross the country, my travels lead me to Yosemite, and the Apple Blossom Inn. I cannot imagine a more quaint respite and kinder host than Candy. Not only did she accommodate my shifting schedule and eventually late arrival, but she also prepared a gluten free breakfast and picnic lunch to meet my dietary needs. The French toast was INN-credibly delicious and the apple theme was put to good use in the meal and country decor. If you are looking to stay near Yosemite, give Candy a visit, you won't regret it :-)

• Stayed August 2012
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was very much looking forward to spending a couple of nights at the Apple Blossom Inn whilst taking a trip up into Yosemite. I chose this B&B because of the other reviews on Trip Advisor and the pictures on the Apple Blossom B&B website.

I think we were one of the first parties to arrive for the 2012 season. First thoughts on the B&B was that it was a little tired and needed a good clean (don't look under the beds). The breakfast was ok, it definitely wasn't anything special. The highlight was seeing the hummingbirds.

Overall, this B&B left me feeling a little deflated and I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I did a weekend Yosemite trip from San Francisco. We left from SFO around 7:30pm and didn't want to drive all the way to Yosemite Friday night, but most B&B's have a 2 night minimum. The Apple Blossom Inn didn't require that and was very competitively priced, so we gave it a shot. So we stayed in Oakdale Friday night, hiked in Yosemite on Saturday, got engaged :-) , and then drove through Oakhurst and to Candy's B&B Saturday night.

I was a little skeptical of staying at a B&B -- we're in our mid 20's and the last time we stayed at a highly rated B&B on San Juan Island (Washington), it seemed over-produced and we felt out of place. Maybe we just got lucky, but our stay at the Apple Blossom was nothing like that -- we happened to have the place to ourselves due to a rare lull in reservations and a last-minute cancellation. We figured out our way into the hot tub Saturday night and enjoyed a post-hike soak. We stayed in the Red Delicious room which was large and comfortable with a private bathroom. Do note that the other two rooms in the main house don't have their bathrooms attached.

The best part though, by far, was the next morning -- Candy is a retired network engineer from San Francisco who got out after the dot com bust. She's super friendly, talkative, and down to earth. Her homemade apple sauce and blossom-shaped pancakes were amazing -- really really delicious. She's got a million stories and clearly loves what she does. Her 18-month old dog/puppy named Beewa (sp?) is adorable and we had a lot of fun playing with her after breakfast. On our way out, she gave us a bottle of homemade honey from their honey bees. We haven't tried it yet, but it was a really nice memento.

If you're looking for a smaller B&B with reasonable prices, good privacy, awesome food, and a cool down-to-earth host, don't pass up the Apple Blossom Inn. We'll definitely be back for anniversaries to come.

Room Tip: Red delicious room has a private entrance and a private attached bathroom. It's the only bedroom...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Visiting Yosemite, Bass Lake, Oakhurst?
I just spent a wonderful 3 night stay at a charming country setting 5 acre apple orchard property. A great country gettaway - quaint, yet modern, clean, awesome hospitable owner/hostess "Candy" ensures a memorable stay, delicious breakfasts cooked including apples from her property - enjoy the outdoors - tables on large deck with large jacuzzi overlooking countryside & trees. A great location - country feel with downtown Oakhurst minutes away & local attrations nearby. Dogs welcome - my Standard Poodle had a wonderful stay. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: DOG GUEST? Downstairs rooms are offered - very easy having your dog a guest here! My Standard Pood...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Candy, the owner takes special care of her guests. She serves breakfast out on her deck with a pleasant view of the distant hills & valleys (in summer). She has adopted a pair of wild ravens who show up at breakfast time and patiently wait in the oak trees for scraps. Her main bird is named Baltimore for the NFL team, since she grew up watching pro football with her dad. However, she remains a 49er's fan. The breakfast scramble was excellent with sausage, onions, two types of bell peppers. She makes her own apple butter and serves it with homemade biscuits. She raises bees and serves fresh honey from her hives.
Quiet place away from hustle & bustle of nearby Oakhurst.

• Stayed June 2012
Suisun City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I looked up Bed & Breakfast Inns online to reserve a two-night stay for my friend's birthday celebration and visit to Yosemite National Park. I wanted to make sure our visit to Yosemite will be as much fun and wonderful and what better way to do that with a cozy stay at a really good place. I narrowed down my search to seven options and was intrigued by a Bed & Breakfast Inn I regarded as outstanding--Yosemite's Apple Blossom Inn. I checked Apple Blossom Inn's website and read all the reviews about it and was very impressed. Satisfying my meticulous demeanor, I contacted the Inn owner--Ms. Candy-Apple Arthur who was gracious to address my queries. I was certain that my friend would enjoy staying at the Apple Blossom Inn, so I reserved our stay from June 1st to June 3rd.

My expectations of Apple Blossom Inn and more importantly those of my friend were met and accommodated to a superlative degree. We were truly happy about everything--Apple Blossom Inn's location, lay-out of the house and its cleanliness, from the kitchen to our bedroom and bathroom, the living room, and the patio with a jacuzzi. Apple Blossom Inn has a very beautiful view of the Sierra's--a solitude of nature. Its homey ambience is unequalled to the many times my friend and I have gone out-of-town and traveled abroad. "There's no place like home," is a dictum that is difficult to achieve. Apple Blossom Inn is a genuine home away from home!

I fondly recall the welcome note on a mini-white board; the welcome of the Apple Blossom Inn owner, Candy--a sweet, affable, charming, and bubbly host; the delicious cookies and beverage available "round the clock" (Wow! We cherish the fact that Candy assured us Apple Blossom Inn's our home, a sentiment we truly felt.); cozy bedroom with a beautifully decorated bed, very comfortable pillows, TV with a VHS-DVD player (It was fun watching Mel Brooks' 'History of the World' thanks to the vast collection of interesting movie titles!); the wonderful private balcony conducive for stargazing and listening to the amusing cacophony of nature's symphony; the super yummy and generous breakfasts (Thanks a million for the DELICIOUS Apple Pancakes, Homemade Apple sauce, Homemade Elderberry Jam, Homemade Biscuits, Fresh fruit, Yogurt, Homemade Honey, Brewed Coffee, and specially, the Warmth and Enthusiasm with which you shared with us your wonderful stories/anecdotes and the Cool Company of the Apple Blossom Inn Family--Baltimore, Biwa, Apple Jack, Steve and the other friendly guests; the picnic lunch backpack (We enjoyed our picnic lunch in Yosemite National Park thanks to You! Simply amazing!); seeing a male deer trotting happily down the slope; the relaxing evening dip in the jacuzzi after a whole day tour of Yosemite; fun and delicious burgers, beer and karaoke at the Hitching Post Sports Bar, which you recommended; the walk to the apple orchard and "getting acquainted" with the Elderberry Tree; the souvenir photos; and Biwa's "instant mini-water park treat."

Candy, who's at the helm of the Apple Blossom Inn, is a hands-on super sweet Lady and your comfort is her priority. Discovering genuine care in a remote place like the Apple Blossom Inn makes my heart smile. :)

It's all about being happy in Life, seeking some adventure and respite from the banal humdrum of our typical fast pace/push-button existence and retreating into an abode of serenity, solitude, relaxation, and rendezvous with nature. The Apple Blossom Inn drew all these into our wonderful Birthday weekend experience, making our visit to Yosemite National Park extra special!

Thank you very much Candy-Apple Arthur and the Apple Blossom Inn for everything!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Yosemite's Apple Blossom Inn? Share your experiences!