“Stayed here in 2009, currently hotel undergoing renovation” 5 of 5 stars

9 Beaches Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4 Daniels Head Rd, MA BX, Bermuda   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sandys Parish
New York City, New York
“Stayed here in 2009, currently hotel undergoing renovation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The huts are far from tents, as some reviewers indicated. The walls are from heavy non-porous synthetic fabric, but other than that there is no practical difference from huts made of cement. The beaches are superb, the island near hotel has a wonderful maze of little caves that you can kayak into, and then there is a shipwreck behind it, that you can paddle to at your leisure as well. Hamilton downtown is some 20 minutes away by ferry (you do need to walk a mile to/from the ferry, though). This was one of my more memorable vacations. This is one of few places that I want to return to (maybe the only one)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Spring of 2010, my family went to Bermuda and stayed at this resort. We've stayed at many resorts, most of them Fairfield and Wyndham. This was a great location, with great staff. It's probably best for couples. However, staying as a family (went w/my parents and sister) was still nice.

The bungalo was a bit dated, but VERY clean. The bed was comfy and the view was BEYOND amazing.

The entire island is warm and welcoming. It just felt like visiting family in some exotic setting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I spent the first half of our honeymoon at 9 Beaches (the other half at Rosedon) in 2009. We stayed in one of the cottages over the water. We loved the resort so much that we modified our trip to stay there two additional nights. We wanted to recreate the trip for our 5th anniversary but are disappointed to find that 9 Beaches won't be open due to renovations. I hope they don't change too much.

Room Tip: I definitely recommend the cottages over the water, which have a window in the floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Loved this resort the way it was when I visited. Hoping that they don't change it too much. The little cottages on the beach were great. The resort felt very private overall. The GM at the time Robin, even gave us a ride into Hamilton one night when our taxi didn't show up on time. I would return here in a second.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Mesa, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The resort has everything needed on site. I understand they are going through renovation and I hope it doesn't change too much. We loved the Cabanas. We even survived a storm and still was nice and secure. I dream of returning and being able to pick up our cell phone (provided) to call for a Dark and Stormy while lazing on the beach.
For those like me that don't like sea grass, I'd suggest a pair of scuba boots so you don't have to wade through the grass at the shore to get to the great snorkeling that surrounds the peninsula.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is my favorite place to stay when visiting Bermuda. Great accomdations, food and staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love 9 Beaches, so much so that I have been twice and I expect to go back again in the near future.
The cabanas are unique and not for everyone, but I camp often and they are way better than tents. The indoor plumbing, for instance, is wonderful.

The beaches around the point are all lovely, although you occasionally have to pick up after other visitors who are less conscientious about where they put their trash. I stayed off the public beaches and hung to the more private side of the point.

If you are a snorkeler, bring your gear. If not, bring your swim goggles. There is a lot to see right off the beaches of the resort, so you don't have to be hard core to enjoy the world below. The fish are incredibly friendly. Many guests feed then and they will swim right up to you and demand food, so I always swiped some extra corn flakes from breakfast to satisfy them.

I didn't rent a scooter either time I was on the island, as they are pretty unsafe. Fortunately, the island is small and pretty easy to get around. We took public transportation and had no problem getting where we wanted to go for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view or better cabanas.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
cabanaman, General Manager at 9 Beaches Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Hello from 9 Beaches!
Thanks so much for your review. We are still here and about to embark on our development.
It's taken time to get this far but the wait will be worth it! The cabanas...executive tents some call them...will be totally remodeled inside. They will have solid walls and be 100% efficiently air-conditioned. We're building, subject to building permits, a proper restaurant on the dock by the bay, as well as a newly sited guest reception together with a spa, next to another beach. All the existing military buildings will be demolished. Swords into beach chairs I think the saying is. Have a look at our website for newsletter information! See you (fairly) soon I hope! I'm hoping we'll be ready at the end of 2012. Robin, General beach chair Manager.

Been to 9 Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!