“Favorite place to stay in Bermuda” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 9 Beaches Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandys Parish
9 Beaches Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4 Daniels Head Rd, MA BX, Bermuda   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Sandys Parish
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Favorite place to stay in Bermuda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is my favorite place to stay when visiting Bermuda. Great accomdations, food and staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

428 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love 9 Beaches, so much so that I have been twice and I expect to go back again in the near future.
The cabanas are unique and not for everyone, but I camp often and they are way better than tents. The indoor plumbing, for instance, is wonderful.

The beaches around the point are all lovely, although you occasionally have to pick up after other visitors who are less conscientious about where they put their trash. I stayed off the public beaches and hung to the more private side of the point.

If you are a snorkeler, bring your gear. If not, bring your swim goggles. There is a lot to see right off the beaches of the resort, so you don't have to be hard core to enjoy the world below. The fish are incredibly friendly. Many guests feed then and they will swim right up to you and demand food, so I always swiped some extra corn flakes from breakfast to satisfy them.

I didn't rent a scooter either time I was on the island, as they are pretty unsafe. Fortunately, the island is small and pretty easy to get around. We took public transportation and had no problem getting where we wanted to go for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view or better cabanas.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
cabanaman, General Manager at 9 Beaches Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Hello from 9 Beaches!
Thanks so much for your review. We are still here and about to embark on our development.
It's taken time to get this far but the wait will be worth it! The cabanas...executive tents some call them...will be totally remodeled inside. They will have solid walls and be 100% efficiently air-conditioned. We're building, subject to building permits, a proper restaurant on the dock by the bay, as well as a newly sited guest reception together with a spa, next to another beach. All the existing military buildings will be demolished. Swords into beach chairs I think the saying is. Have a look at our website for newsletter information! See you (fairly) soon I hope! I'm hoping we'll be ready at the end of 2012. Robin, General beach chair Manager.
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I have been meaning to review this hotel for some time. I can not believe the prices they charge here. I assumed from the pictures this would be a glamorous 5 star experience on stilts over the water considering that a week here cost thousands. Instead as reviewers suggest, it was glorified camping in tents.

We heard banging music every night from locals down the beach having parties every night so were exhausted every day. Quite a long walk in the heat to the nearest shop but you will need to make that trip since the food served on site is a rip off and not good either. I found Bermuda to be a very boring place generally and the beaches were not great. The term "9 beaches" is somewhat misleading too. The should call it "9 small areas of sand- some of which are about 4x4 metres". There was probably 1 area I would describe as a beach and it had a lot of seaweed etc. Obviously not their fault but I find swimming amongst algae and so on, gross.

I ordered calamari at the restaurant on one occasion and the batter was still wet! Uncooked wet batter as you bit into the calamari and any calamari was somewhat accidental because most of it was just deep fried balls of batter. Disgusting. Did not eat there again which was a pain since this resort is far away from any other eatery. It was OK but I would say £60-80 quid a night is the absolute maximum I would pay and certainly not the near £300 odd a night we were charged.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

9 Beaches was a great place to stay for my girlfriend and I. Yes, the cabanas have canvas walls but that is a great plus as you can hear the waves that much easier at night while you sleep. For the person that was "afraid" because the walls flapped in the wind? Lol, well sounds like that person is the kind of person that carries a poodle in her purse. No, 9 Beaches isn't the place where you can expect room service, total pampering, or absolute luxury but if you want to stay on a beautiful beach and let the sound of the waves lull you to sleep then this is the place you want to be; a place to get away from the world. This place was amazing, staff was absolutely friendly, and the cabanas were clean and confortable. The only negative aspect I can think of it is that it is on the other side of the island from all the shopping and activities but I came here to get away from all the hustle and bustle so it suited me just fine. Besides, it was only about 30-40 min bus ride to get to the city center. Hope this review helps!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010 via mobile

This hotel is not a hotel, it is upscale camping. The rooms are tents, made of canvas. While they are nice, they come with a can of bug spray as an amenity, need I say more. I could not sleep at night, I was so frightened. It is pitch black and you're sleeping in this canvas room and when the wind blows your walls flap and it scares the sh## out of you. The food and beverage is average. The beaches are average. If you are 19 years old and usually stay at youth hostiles, this place is for you. Otherwise, run from this place.

• Stayed October 2009
Houston, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

To be fair and to piggyback my last review... I have now received my refund and I am now satisfied with 9 Beaches.

I cannot edit my last review, but they were faithful to refund my money. Thank you 9 Beaches, I will still consider you for any future Bermuda stays.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Another atypical review because of an atypical situation...

Like the last reviewer, I was disappointed when I found out in late May 2010 that 9 Beaches was closing for a year to do extensive renovations, and was canceling my stay for the weekend of June 18-21, 2010 - my honeymoon! My disappointment, however, was first lessened and eventually eliminated by the staff at 9 Beaches. They addressed all of my obvious concerns, then went above and beyond to make sure I knew that the inconvenience that they caused me was troubling to them as well. My wife and I are headed to a different resort instead, and can't wait to visit 9 Beaches when it's ready next year!

Kudos to 9 Beaches for handling an incredibly unfortunate situation with grace and understanding - I'm happy with the way I was treated, and at a resort I never even visited!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to 9 Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!