“Already looking forward to 2014!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 441-234-1034
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Water Divers and Watersports, Bermuda - we are under new ownership as of June 2012; we celebrated our one-year anniversary on 15 June 2013. We have worked hard over the past year to improve our presence on tripadvisor and other social media sites - we recognize that dive travelers are doing their research and choosing the places that best suit their needs, while focusing on the highest ratings in customer service. We run two-tank morning and one-tank afternoon trips on our 36 foot purpose-built Newton dive boat. We offer a full range of PADI courses, up to and including Assistant Instructor ratings. Please check out our website for details. If we can help in any way with planning your dives, please give us a call or contact us through our website. New transport option! WATER TAXI Bookings - for cruise passengers in Dockyard, or anyone close to Hamilton, we can book the new water taxi for you, which will pick you up and bring you directly to Robinson's Marina, and then run you back again after the dive boat gets back in. The price is similar to catching a regular taxi, and it's by far the best way to travel around Bermuda :) All the best - Chris Gauntlett | Owner/Operator | Blue Water Divers & Watersports, Bermuda
Wilmington Island, Georgia
20 attraction reviews
“Already looking forward to 2014!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Quality dive shop that puts safety first. I was staying at the Pompano Beach Club and the staff referred me to Blue Water Divers. The resort provides free transportation to the marina and is quick to pick you up afterwards. I really enjoyed Captain Chris and his crew. I did a two tank morning dive with them. I thought the quality of their equipment, vessel and satff professionalism was worthy of praise. Dive briefings were thorough and covered all the necessary information needed. Both the ship wreck "Hermes" and the second dive on a rock formation were really nice. In speaking with Chris, I mentioned that I had lost a snorkle while on the island. My wife and another couple were waiting for me back at the resort. As a going away gift, he tossed me an old snorkle. It was a very nice gesture and genuinely appreciated. His act of kindness allowed me to take the group out later that day to swim over some reefs.

I plan to be back in Bermuda next September and will be booking no less than three (maybe four) morning two tank dives. Thank you for the great experience and service.

Hamilton, Bermuda
3 attraction reviews
“Cant Praise Enough Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Novice diver with one bad experience of a beach dive in Spain I was a little nervous having a lesson in the open water. I have to say that this was an experience of a lifetime, and I managed to have not one, but two superb dives on two different wrecks, the North Carolina a 19c cargo ship wrecked off the coast of Bermuda and secondly a B29 cargo plane that crashed in 1963 with the loss of one life, the pilot who appears to have stayed with the plane. So having said all that which sounds pretty impressive as I type it, you have to know that this was my first real dive, and I just cant believe what I managed to achieve with two other 'novice' divers from North Carolina on their honeymoon. From the outset the dive team, Chris, Ina, Martin and Marie where professional, friendly, informative and so attentive to everyone on the boat. From the experts, who all seemed to get on with their business of putting everything in its place and attaching tubes to all sorts of things that made no sense to me, down to me and my new found friends who like me wanted to know the basics, are there sharks and will I sink! The informative briefing to all on the boat was followed by one to one from the instructors Marie and Chris whose delivery was informative yet relaxed with an injection of humour to alley any fears. The dive site was about an hours journey just enough time for all the kit to be explained and safety briefings delivered. We were to have one on one instructors in effect, Marie and Ina, jumping off the boat was a little scary but knowing that one instructor was in the water and one behind was comforting, they were controlling everything. Descending was a problem for me as I have problems equalizing my ears and this is painful, Ina went with me inch by inch literally, until we got to the sea bed by which time the pain had gone, behind was Marie who constantly checked on how I was feeling, the OK sign was used in abundance! The dive itself was unbelievable and hard to describe on paper, check out the pictures on their site! The whole experience lasted 40 minutes I'm told, however it felt like 10. Back on the boat excited stories were shared then it was a short trip to the second site, this time the plane wreckage an eerie if not sad sight but stunningly preserved, again photos tell the tale. This was a shallower dive so no repeat of my ear problem. Then back to shore with a happy and contented group. The whole experience from start to finish was wonderful I cant praise the team of Chris Ina Martin and Marie enough, if you have ever wondered, shall I give scuba diving a go this is the place, even as the winter draws close I am sure that there will be some perfect days, just like the one I had. Well done Blue Water you are truly a gem in Bermuda.

Laguna Beach, California
“great dive operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Recently did a couple of days diving with Blue Water and I had a great time. I have over 1500 dives and Blue water was easily amongst the best dive ops I have been with. Prices are comparable with other dive ops in bermuda and around the world. Considering the fact that most things are a little pricy in bermuda, diving is quite a good deal.
I did both wreck and reef dives and really enjoyed the dives both days. Most of the dives were quite shallow, about 60' and so we were given lots of bottom time.
Crew were friendly and easy going.

Bernardsville, New Jersey, Usa
“Great certification and dive experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've visited Bermuda a number of times in the past and have done "Lesson Dives" with BWD about 5 times or so. Each time the staff asked why I don't just get certified already?!?

Well - this time I made a special trip to the island to do just that. I flew in from Northen NJ and spent 3 days one-on-one with Martin (one of their Instructors) doing my pool time and open-water dives. I have been a CPR and EMS Instructor in NJ for 15+ years and know how difficult it can be to Instruct such an intense subject in a realitively short period of time. Especially material that ultimately has peoples lives in your hands.

I did all of the PADI eLearning on-line at home and all of the practical water and equipment excercises with Martin in BDA. Let me tell you something - I can't begin to explain how good he was at this. He was patient, clear, concise and constructive. He had every good quality a teacher of any subject should have without any of the bad ones. The result was the best learning experience of my life and a PADI Open Water Certification.

It doesn't stop there though. The entire Dive Team (Owner Chris, Ina and Tom) were all great. They new when to have fun and knew when it was time to get down to business. Safety was a priority and their knowledge of the island and dive sites was incredible.

I look forward to diving with BWD in the near future!!!

Phil

Waterloo, Iowa, Usa
“Awesome Crew to dive with!! Would go back again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I took our 4 check out dives on our honeymoon out of the somerset location with Captain Chris and his crew Martin and Tom. Couldn't of had a better time! Martin was our awesome instructor very informative and helpful the whole way. Thanks again guys!! Hope to be back soon.