“Nice Bermuda Dive Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 19 Activities in Sandys Parish
Type: Sports Complexes, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Water Divers and Watersports, Bermuda - we are under new ownership as of June 2012; we celebrated our one-year anniversary on 15 June 2013. We have worked hard over the past year to improve our presence on tripadvisor and other social media sites - we recognize that dive travelers are doing their research and choosing the places that best suit their needs, while focusing on the highest ratings in customer service. We run two-tank morning and one-tank afternoon trips on our 36 foot purpose-built Newton dive boat. We offer a full range of PADI courses, up to and including Assistant Instructor ratings. Please check out our website for details. If we can help in any way with planning your dives, please give us a call or contact us through our website. New transport option! WATER TAXI Bookings - for cruise passengers in Dockyard, or anyone close to Hamilton, we can book the new water taxi for you, which will pick you up and bring you directly to Robinson's Marina, and then run you back again after the dive boat gets back in. The price is similar to catching a regular taxi, and it's by far the best way to travel around Bermuda :) All the best - Chris Gauntlett | Owner/Operator | Blue Water Divers & Watersports, Bermuda
Charlotte, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“Nice Bermuda Dive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went on a morning two tank dive in August while my wife stayed at the resort. I felt comfortable and safe with the operation. I rented all my gear except mask. We dove the Wreck Hermes and the Kevin's reef. Really enjoyed both, however I did lose my group on the Hermes for a minute or so which made me a bit nervous. Kevin's reef was cool, i really enjoyed the coral structures which had a lot of caves and caverns. The guides and deckhands (while young) were professional and helpful. I spent most of my time upstairs talking with Chris (the owner) while he piloted the boat, he was a pleasure to speak with. Only wish we had a sunny day as I got really cold between dives and after the 2nd dive. I would definitely dive with Blue Water Divers again.

4 attraction reviews
“Great wreck diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did 2 tank dives on 2 consecutive days. Blue water organized our transport, a water taxi that picked us up right in front of our cruise ship and dropped us off at the dive shop. We had 2 days of incredible wreck diving. We'll definitely be going back to Bermuda to dive and when we do, we're going straight to blue water divers and watersports.

Baltimore, MD
19 attraction reviews
“A fun day diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I cruised to Bermuda on royal Caribbean this July and I was able to get away for a morning dive.The folks at Blue Water Divers helped me get set up via the internet. The water taxi was down for maintenance that da,y so I took the local bus from the dock to Robinson's Marina. Piece of cake. Our dive boat was roomy and not over crowded. The dive guides were laid back and fun. The diving was great. I had my doubts about the "higher salinity" of Bermuda waters, but after the first dive added some weight because it was true. I hope to be back to Bermuda for a dive vacation soon. One morning was not enough.

Visited July 2013
NYC
13 attraction reviews
“The staff makes it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We took a cruise to Bermuda because it was less expensive than flying and staying anywhere on the island (which we really would have preferred). I don't usually like to take the shore excursions the ship offers, so I googled the closest dive shop to Dockyard. Of course the day we ended up diving was the one really windy, rainy day but the staff is so completely competent and considerate that we had a great dive. I have to thank Trey, in particular. He was introduced as an "intern" and I'm not sure what that meant, but I couldn't have finished the dive without him. I ended up aggravating a spasm in my back (I probably shouldn't have gone diving in the first place, but I'm glad I did). Anyway, I couldn't reach down to take off my fins at the end of the dive, and before I knew it, Trey had them up on the back of the boat. He also noticed immediately when I declined to enter a swim through on the wreck, and made sure we met up right outside the exit point. My husband and I are also increasingly far-sighted and maybe the gauges they have are a little smaller than what we're used to, but once we explained the problem, Trey kept track without making us feel bad about our old age! (Yes, we're going to glue those little reading glass lenses into our masks for future dives.)

Everyone else on the staff was equally terrific. We sat out the second dive because of my back, so we got to talk to the owner for a while. He's clearly passionate about what he does, and we had absolute confidence in him. I hope Blue Water Divers experiences the success it deserves -- but I also hope they manage to retain their amazing personal touch. The boat was very spacious and comfortable, the gear was well maintained. We look forward to diving with them again (I feel like I need to redeem my diving "cred") because they were so supportive and helpful.

Visited August 2013
“Any fan of the Duck Commander is a good man.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Don't be dissuaded by Blue Water being under new ownership, Chris has taken over the helm at Bluewater admirably. Just returned from a refresher dive with Chris, Tom, Anastasia and crew. Dove the Constellation and their secret reef Peter Pan. While my wife fed the fish, we still had a great time. Highly recommend Chris and his crew.