“Expensive drinks food average, great location” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Expensive drinks food average, great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Very expensive drinks and then they added a 17% gratuity to the bill (what cheek). Food was edible but not amazing. Very rowdy locals caused us to leave. Fantastic location but did not deliver.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Milford, Massachusetts
“Bermuda Fish Chowder - Who Knew It Was So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I recently cruised down to Bermuda from Boston and it was our last day on this wonderful island. As we didn't want to be far from the soon to be departing cruise ship and because we didn't want our wonderful experience in Bermuda to end, we decided to stop and sit on the lovely patio at the Bone Fish Bar & Grill at the Royal Navy Dockyard for a couple drinks before boarding the ship.

Our experience at the Bone Fish was one of the most pleasant experiences we had while in Bermuda. The patio is very pretty and a great spot for people watching as people scurry by to and from the cruise ships. The service was so pleasant with Livio, the owner and manger checking in on us to be sure all was to our liking.

We started with beers and then I asked about the local fish chowder that I had heard about. Livio told us that Bone Fish had the best fish chowder on the island and insisted that I sample it,. I was of course skeptical - that is until I tasted it. Not only did the chowder have no fishy taste at all it was one of the most delicious soups I had ever tasted. In Bermuda style, a splash of dark local rum (Gosling's) adds to the culinary experience,

We didn't want to leave this wonderful restaurant, replete with a pretty decent singer and guitar player so we did what we had to do - we had two Gosling's gold rum liquor on the rocks before sauntering back to the cruise ship.

Stopping in at the Bone Fish was the perfect way to end our wonderful experience in Bermuda!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

When ever you dock or land in Bermuda you Need to check out Bone Fish bar and grill. You will feel right at home with amazing food but more importunely amazing staff! You need to get a drink from Irish Craig in the Boner bar on the large outdoor patio! (He will always take care of you) Highly recommend and a great spot to stop for a drink or three!
Paddy T

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bone Fish Bar & Grill in Kings Wharf”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a newly opened restaurant right on the Royal Navy Dockyard in Kings Wharf. While the place is very pleasant and has outdoor dining and live music, I have to say I am disappointed. One item on the menu in the appetizer section is a sample appetizer platter with turtle eggs. We were excited to try 'turtle egg'. When the platter arrived at our table, we searched for that and there is no turtle egg. The waiter wasn't really sure so he went back into the kitchen to ask the chef. He returned and told us that turtle egg is really halapeno pepper! I am not buying that!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bermuda
“Great place to mingle & have a drink!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Love the outdoor and patio bars! It is a great place to meet up with friends to have a drink and meet locals..The staff are always friendly and happy to chat every time I go in. I like to get some nibbles while I sit back with a drink and watch the people and the boats go by. I will be back soon.

• Visited April 2013