“You MUST try this!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 activities in Sandys Parish
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The best place for Watersports in Bermuda. Boat rentals, jet ski tours, and kayaks. Unbeatable prices.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Toronto, Canada
“You MUST try this!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had never been on a jet ski before much less driven one, but by the end of the hour and a half tour I was very comfortable. Richard was a great guide and I had so much fun sitting, standing, jumping wakes and going as fast as I could on this tour! My friend and I were the only ones on the tour and went all around Bermuda. Richard was very knowledgable about the spots that we stopped at, island history and good places to go for lunch or drinks. I will definitely do this tour again when next in Bermuda, it was the highlight of our trip!

Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Had the best time - Thanks Matt!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We cruised to Bermuda and pre booked the jet ski excursion with Somerset Bridge Watersports. They were quick to confirm my online reservation and I was equally impressed when we arrived to do the tour. Matthew was our guide and was very thorough when explaining the jet ski and the safety involved with riding one. We had a group of 5 skis and we were all first timers. 3 skis were doubles, DH and I rode separately. What a blast!! I certainly wasnt ready to head back to the docks! Feeding the lazy fish was definitely a highlight as was the ending with the weaving in and out and going fast.

When we got back all the other ladies wanted to know how it was driving by myself, not being a passenger - I told them that it's the only way to go!! They all wanted to go again and be drivers this time :)

I highly recommend Somerset to anyone looking for a fun filled day, whether taking the jet ski tour or renting the Boston Whalers. I listened to their instructions which were also very thorough. I cant wait to go back to Bermuda and visit SBW again!

THANKS, MATT

Schenectady, New York
23 attraction reviews
“The Way to See Bermuda.. Jet Ski!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When visiting the lovely island of Bermuda, you must stop and take a tour of the crystal clear coves, and ship wreck on a Jet Ski. Our guide Matt was great. He said that his number one priority was safety and he was very complete in his safety run down prior to our going out on the water. We were shown the operation of the Jetski and it's features. These things can go 50-60MPH and they are fun. Matt took us to groves and island resort areas, then to the Vixen shipwreck to feed the fish bread which he provided. The last 15 minutes he let us open up the Jetski and let us on our own. It was a great thrill and a great ride. I highly recomend Somerset Water Sports and Matt. He's knowledgable and has a great sense of humor. These tours are 70 minutes in duration. Make sure you bring sun glasses as the sun off the water can be harsh, other than that, be prepared for fun, thrills, and even some history on Bermuda. My next trip I will be back to see them again!

Visited September 2012
SBWS, Owner at Somerset Bridge Watersports, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thanks for your positive review, we really appreciate the feedback. A couple of things to point out, firstly while it may have felt like you were going 50-60mph, Government regulations here mean that our rental skis have a maximum top speed of just under 50mph. This is for safety reasons, and most people will agree with you that this is more than enough speed for zooming across our crystal clear waters. Also, while you may have been given 'free-time' on the jet skis, this is not normally something we do on the tours. As you went out on a windy day, this prevented Matt from doing his full tour. He therefore allowed you some free-time on the skis in a protected area and under his watchful eye. Once again, thanks for the positive review and we're really glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully we will see you again sometime soon!
Saugus, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Awesome Jet Ski Tour !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Thanks to Richard for an awesome jet ski tour !! My wife Jen and I just took the tour for our 10th anniversary. Richard took us (and the austrian guys !) all over the west end of Bermuda for a fast , wet, wild ride. Money VERY well spent and the best part of our trip to Bermuda. Super nice machines, and a convenient location to see our hotel and the Vixen wreck. Can't wait to come back again.

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a Boston Whaler reserved for a Friday afternoon in mid September. Received a phone call that morning from Tony, the owner, that there was a thunderstorm watch for the afternoon even though the weather forecast made no indication of this. We re-scheduled for the following day and we are so glad that we did as a major storm came through with gale force winds. Can't thank Tony enough for looking out for our best interests. We have rented a Boston Whaler there for a few years now and can't say enough good things about the operation and the staff there.