Our first trip to Bermuda (and our obviously our first stay at Cambridge Beaches) was very enjoyable. The Cambridge property consists of about a dozen buildings each housing 4 or so suites/villas, surrounded by well kept gardens and several very nice beaches. This is a very upscale resort, although not at the super duper level. The rooms very well furnished, nice and comfortable. The views out over the ocean from our suite's back porch/deck was wonderful.
The property has all the amenities one would expect from a high end resort although we didn't take advantage of all them. There are 3 basic places to eat, the poolside bar, the high end restaurant (Tamarisk) and the beachside restaurant (Breezes). We found Tamarisk only OK but really enjoyed Breezes. The quality of the food was about the same at the two, but it's hard to beat the ambiance of eating outdoors on the beach at breezes... They even set us up a table right on the beach our last night at no charge.
We really enjoyed our stay at Cambridge, but will probably try one of the other resorts (eg reefs) next time we go just for some variety, and not because we were dissatisfied with Cambridge in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish