This was our first stay even though we have wanted to visit for many years based on their excellent reputation. We were finally able to do so for our 35th anniversary. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. We checked in on Saturday afternoon, 3pm is the official check-in time. So not much time there on Saturday, but we looked forward to having the whole day on Sunday to relax by the pool and beach. However at 1pm, the Big Chill began! Huge speakers were set up, loud music began and anyone and everyone was allowed on to the property. On the Sunday we were there, this included a group of about 20 people who came in from 5 sport fishing boats that rafted up in the harbor. This group was ready to party and they completely took over the pool and beach area which isn't very big anyway. Most of the resort guests, including ourselves, had to leave. So much for a relaxing Sunday. We were told this is new this season. When The Big Chill music ended, this group was not done partying, so they went out to their boats and cranked up their stereos. The music was so loud guests could not dine on the restaurant's patio. When we complained they just said that they did not know this was going on and apologized but it was not clear any change would be made. We rated our room "poor" because we had an ant problem and even though we reported it several times, the jacuzzi tub was making a buzzing noise that kept us from sleeping on Sunday night. We will be a return guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish