Just came back from a 2 night stay during early March, which is most certainly the off season in Bermuda. There was a storm hitting the US East Coast, so the weather in Bermuda wasn't as cooperative as I had hoped. This translated into a few interesting quirks with the hotel: sea spray hitting the window of our suite like rain, and 30 second rain showers that we'd duck away from when walking to/from the restaurant.
We got a great rate for a Cambridge Suite (50% off of $825/nt through Tingo or Expedia, but not the hotel website). Ocean view and literally adjacent to the ocean, plus a ton of space, two A/C & heat units, very good bathroom with rainfall shower and standalone tub. Nice toiletries, although not replenished for a 2 night stay. However, we weren't on the beach -- it was a small cliff down to the ocean.
One note - they used electronic "do not disturb / housekeeping" buttons but the system was broken. Also, the radio alarm was set to go off at 7am, which was a surprise that morning.
The Tamarisk restaurant has great reviews for Bermuda fine dining. It's really quite pricey though -- avg. $150 total for two ppl dinner even sharing an app and dessert. Quality is a touch all over the place.
The rate included free full breakfast; this was interesting with a continental buffet plus made-to-order hot courses. Good coffee though. I'd note that Sunday buffet was no different than Saturday morning.
At the end of the day, I'm still giving 4 stars to the hotel -- they did a good job for the off season (not that many guests) and were very friendly and accommodating. Especially at 50% off, I'd recommend the hotel. I think this place could really shine during high season (fantastic beaches) but I'd truly hesitate before paying full rate -- there are probably other places I'd choose first.
Note: taxi from Airport to hotel is about $65 each way including a good tip.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.