We were looking forward to a luxurious vacation at Cambridge Beaches but unfortunately our expectations were not met. The resort is quite outdated and the décor would need some serious fresh up. However, the worst part is the service – or rather, the lack of it. Some of the staff members were lovely, but quite a few of them had a serious attitude problem. The receptionists didn’t seem to enjoy their work too much and the concierge service completely lacked an ability to take initiative and had no clue what was going on on the island. Most of the time we were left on our own, maybe accompanied with a comment of “umm, I don’t think so…” without them even bothering to check online/ making a few phone calls. Fortunately, the front desk manager turned out to be friendly and knowledgeable and helped us to make our wished arrangements.
We tried to order in-room dining but, still after several attempts, the room service didn’t pick up the phone and we had to go somewhere else. The worst part, however, was when (on the days when we managed to order food into our room) no one came to pick up our used plates and leftover food, not even after we informed the waiter and called the room service. This happened on three different days and it’s definitely not very nice to wake up and see dirty dishes with ants walking all around! Despite the lack of service, we must acknowledge that the food was tasty and we were especially pleased with the plentiful breakfast.
Cambridge Beaches is most likely best suitable for (elderly people) who require no service and just like to stay at the resort, relax at the spa, get some sun and hang out at the pool. For travelers looking forward to more action and sightseeing it may not be ideal since the resort is located in a very remote area and it takes a long time to get to Hamilton and to see the sights of Bermuda. There are no dining places close by, so unless you want to dine in the hotel permises, be prepared to pay around $100 taxi fees to get to a nice restaurant in the city. Furthermore, make sure you pre order the driver, otherwise it may be time consuming to wait for a taxi.
Next time we’ll stay somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.