“Wake Up to Sunrise over Crystal Waters” 5 of 5 stars

20% off and $150 credit
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sandys Parish
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Wake Up to Sunrise over Crystal Waters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Arrival into Bermuda from the UK is at around 6.20 local time, for us Brits its 10.20 in the evening. So a welcome smile and a drink is all you need when you reach Cambridge Beaches - that exactly what you get... and what a welcome! My Cambridge Suite was called Frangipani, it was large nicely decorated in a modern Bermuda style. I had a large bed, flat screen TV, bathroom with separate shower, jacuzzi bath etc. and a separate toilet. Three steps down took me too a large living room with massive curtained glass doors to my terrace. My nights sleep was good although I woke at 4am! So I was able to see the sunrise over the ocean - wow!
Breakfast was great - lots of choice and everyone looked to enjoying the place. The pool is spectacular and the staff really attentive.
So many little bays here that you really can hide away with a book and enjoy peace. If you fancy staying by the main building you can relax on the terrace or by the pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

LOVE Cambridge Beaches! My sister and I came to Bermuda to celebrate her birthday, and everything was so wonderful that she's decided that she wants to celebrate every birthday at Cambridge Beaches.

We love that the cottages are spread out on the property (reminds us of another favorite vacation spot of ours--Rancho La Puerta in Mexico). We requested a "Cambridge Suite", and we've never stayed in a suite so large (we even had a dressing room). Housekeeping could not have been more accommodating to our requests. Furniture was very nice. Large flat screen TV in the living room. Excellent A/C.

Food at all of the restaurants was very good/excellent. Service was very attentive. Great breakfast buffet everyday. Omelette station too. Best coffee ever!

Special thanks to their concierge, Shakera, who took care of all of my pre-arrival requests (dinner reservations, taxi arrangements, flowers for my sister's birthday), and helped us with every question/request we had during our stay. She always had a smile, and was so welcoming to us that we were made to feel like "regulars" even though this was our first visit.

Definitely spend time on Long Bay Beach. Very quiet, and the water is so calm and shallow.

The spa is wonderful too! Special thanks to Jill and Hani for the best massages!

The gym is small, but has all of the needed equipment.

Appreciated Larry driving us from the main house to our cottage (especially when we had a lot of packages or after dinner).

2 small requests: need handrails on all of the steps, and need to repave the road behind the tennis court.

Looking forward to our next visit to Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa!

• Stayed October 2012
Birchington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We wanted a wow wee break to celebrate my partners birthday so decided to book 10 days at Cambridge Beaches. Now dont get me wrong but i cannot say the money we paid lived up to our expectation. Yet we experienced something special regardless. I would say if you hope for luxury, great customer service (consistent), great communication across the team running the service then be prepared for tradegy If you want a fab location to zone out, experience exquisite in house dining n have a base to explore the island then this is a great place. Loved the management team, loved most of the staff except those who were overtly rude. Beware dockyard...especially wen the cruisecships are in. Margate in the atlantic comes to mind. Horrendous place. Riding at Spicelands was ok but the horses are typical skool horses...my legs killed after an hour n half (wish i had kept the whip). Biggest let down...the hotel let us down on our private dining on the beach..long story ..and sharing my whirl tub experience with 1000s of dead ants. I loved the bermudians as they were soooo lovely. sadly the wages are so crap that they dont work in the hotels very often n dare i say cheaper labor is all that is available/willing n hence customer service is not brilliant at times. I wont be going back to a place or island that has clearly become a victim of its own success. So many hotels have gone to the mill. An expensive island, the price only just delivers the goods, great for sea sports etc but as to a return visit ...sadly no. But glad we went regardless. Dave x

• Stayed September 2012
Seekonk, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my first trip to Bermuda and I see no need to stay anywhere else when I go back. Extremely courteous and attentive staff. Not at all hotel-like. This is a cottage and villa-style resort that feels very homey. We stayed in an ocean view unit and the view was breathtaking. Very spacious, large bathroom, comfortable bed, very clean. Somerset Long Bay Beach on the back side of the resort is tranquil and relaxing - my favorite spot. The food was amazing, but not inexpensive. Still worth what we paid, but I recommend the meal plan for your best value if you will be eating at the resort most nights. This is a child-free resort, but that does not mean it attracts a young, partying crowd. Guests seemed to be either newlyweds or couples in their 40s & 50s. This is the place to go if you are looking for a quiet, restful vacation. A great escape from reality.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Long Bay side are wonder. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I were staying at another hotel for a business meeting, but on a friend's advice spent our last two days at Cambridge Beaches. From the moment we stepped on the grounds, we knew we were in another world. The resort is incredibly peaceful, and our room was spacious, inviting, and had an incredible ocean view. The staff made us feel like "regulars". This was my first trip to Bermuda, and Cambridge Beaches gave me a great sense of what a beautiful and interesting country it is. We rented a boat and toured the west end, snorkeling between tiny islands and over the near-by shipwreck, and then just drifting with the engine off, watching the sea turtles surface and stare at us. We can't wait to go back to Cambridge Beaches for a much longer stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Far Hills, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here and enjoyed every relaxing moment at Cambridge Beaches. While he loved the grounds and going kayaking and biking, I enjoyed reading on the beach and by the pool. I especially liked Afternoon Tea! During our trip we had cocktails and meals at other resorts and we were very pleased to have chosen Cambridge Beaches. I was impressed with the list in the dining room of the number of couples who return each year. We'll be back to celebrate another anniversary!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a lovely resort. Our room was first class, well appointed and spotlessly clean, right by a small secluded beach. The service was attentive, friendly but never 'in your face'. The main restaurant food was delicious and changed every day. The beach restaurant served a local 'catch of the day' dinner one evening for us by candlelight, right on the beach with a glorious sunset (ok, the hotel couldn't organise the sunset but overall it doesn't get better)
Highly recommended for a relaxing, chill out vacation.

Room Tip: Cottage suites are more expensive but well worth it for stays of a few days... our had a 'privat...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cambridge Beaches? Share your experiences!