We have just returned from a six day visit to Bermuda. I had wanted to take my family to Cambridge Beaches for some time. I had stayed there with my parents many years ago and never forgot how beautiful a place it is.My daughters , 20 and 26 years accompanied my wife and me and the elder's boyfriend joined us for the last 3 days.
Bermuda is quiet in February and temperature in the 60s and 70s F. it is ideal temperature for touring the island, exercising outside, golf if you so desire. The island is stunning and the people very friendly and polite. It is a dignified , highly functioning society, seemingly proud of its' place in the world.It is very easy to get around the island on the bus and this is a great way to take in some of the island culture.
Cambridge Beaches is an amazing property, tucked away in a quiet and peaceful part of the island. We stayed three nights in Windswept cottage and three nights in two lovely suites overlooking Mangrove Bay. Both venues were beautiful: Windswept was a cottage perched overlooking both sides of the peninsula, with its own little beach.
The staff are as helpful and friendly as can be .Whitney, the on-site manager is very warm and attentive. Richard, the General Manager is an engaging and elegant gentleman. We were very well looked after and felt quite pampered . It is quiet and very relaxing. Facilities are superb ; we particularly enjoyed the indoor pool with its' calming and peaceful ambience.Breakfasts set us up for the day.Tea at 4 pm was lovely. The main cottage common areas are warm , inviting and peaceful. I fell asleep reading my book there more than once! We ate only one evening meal at CB. It was an excellent meal, served with care and finesse.
Somerset village is a few minutes walk away along beautiful Mangrove Bay Road. I enjoyed chatting with the locals and had a few very pleasant chats and pints at the Country Squire Pub and Bar.
Everyone in the family soaked up Cambridge Beaches. We hope to return before long . I would love to make the " Leader Board " of those who have returned year after year. I know well now why there are so many.
John Thomson and Family, Ottawa, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish