“Great for a Retreat or a Family Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

You added Clear View Suites & Villas to your Saves list
Clear View Suites & Villas
3.0 of 5 Ranch   |   Sandy Lane, CR02, Bermuda   |
Brooklyn, New York
“Great for a Retreat or a Family Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

After reading the other reviews, I was super cautious about staying, but I emailed Clear View Suites & Villas and they responding very kindly and warmly.

I arrived around 9:30 at night and took a cab ride (8 minutes from Hamilton airport). The staff upgraded my room to a suite - incredible! I had my own apartment - two flat screen televisions equipped with cable television, a kitchen (microwave, toaster, fridge w/ ice & water dispenser) which made staying in Bermuda way more cost effective, two patios with a deck over looking the ocean and a living room with sofa as well as a desk to do work. I was given a king sized bed. The bathroom has a standing shower and a tub separately so two can bathe simultaneously in the bathroom. The entire guesthouse has been upgraded and remodeled.

Wifi runs well (unless its storming out- and then I'm sure the entire island may have spotty wifi) the Wifi is included in the cost of your guesthouse (other hotels charge Wifi fees per day).

The villa has a restaurant a few paces away as well as a tennis court.

The hotel is a few feet from the bus stops so it was super convenient to dart about in Bermuda.

The staff was super warm, welcoming and friendly.

Great place to stay by yourself for a quiet get away, with your family (as the guesthouse is spacious) or as a couple (super sexy pool that appears as though it is cascading into the ocean-although, they do have two outdoor pools - one just has a nicer view.)

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Most villas have an ocean view, but ask for one just in case - great to watch the sky as the sun ris...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Before going we booked and than read the reviews, When we contacted them about our concerns they addressed everyone of them. when we arrived I was shocked at the view and the rooms, both were out of this world. The new part is the part you want to be in. If you have any problems the staff on the property is top notch, I have to say I was really skeptical because of the reviews but I will go back again and again. Clean and free of bugs. warm and friendly staff and a whole new look and feel since the remodel.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view new phase of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Westford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you are looking for a place with a GREAT view, convenient location to attractions such as Crystal Caves and the Aquarium and centrally located between St George's and Hamilton this is the place for you. We stayed in one of the older villas on the property which does need some updating as the sliding door to the patio was broken the entire time we were there and the kitchen does need new counter tops and cabinets. But there was plenty of space for me and my three teenage children to spread out. The new pool was wonderful, with an amazing ocean view especially at sunset. Very convenient bus service to any place on the island. A fairly quick walk to the market to load up on breakfast and snacks made the whole vacation more economical. Juanita was very helpful. All in all, a very good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The new villas are wonderful and the whole property has lots of possibilities. The rooms are large and nicely furnished. The kitchen needs some more pots and pans and coffee cups. The 'maids' were not around much so we did not get fresh towels but 3x during the week. The pool looked like it was coming along but not ready for folks - no lounge chairs only one small table and 2 regular chairs. Looked like they were going to do more landscaping around it and add a waterfall. Wonderful views of the ocean. Quiet and peaceful. Manager very helpful finding our way arund the area. It would also be helpful for a packet of local information to be given out when you sign in. I would stay again as it was located about in the middle of the island and had a bus stop too!

Room Tip: Ask for a new villa on the ocean side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Conestoga, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My brother and I traveled to Bermuda to celebrate my mothers life on her birthday. I would never stay anywhere other than the Clear View Suites. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Our suite overlooked the water and was amazing. Thank you to the entire staff who make our vacation the best. Juanita make everything perfect!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had stayed at Clear View four years ago with my family and so knew what to expect when my daughter and I arrived. We had booked in to one of the older properties and was pleasantly surprised when we are put in one of the brand new rooms. The room was not ready so we helped the property workers take the plastic off the furniture and clean the windows! Boy was it beautiful until there was a bang on the door only to be notified that we had been placed in the wrong room and should have been in one of the old cottages as expected. After a quick inspection of our assigned room ( a great big ugh!) I quickly decided to pay extra. I was told the new rooms went for between $400 - $450 but I agreed on $300 a night. Already my $600.00 stay had more than doubled.
We settled in quickly. The beds were really comfey, we had an enormous kitchen with all mod cons, an lovely bathroom, no hot water, a running toilet and an overhead fan with a mind of its' own. An expensive Faulty Towers! We fixed the toilet and had the help fix the hot water problem. Nothing we could do about the fan
Despite the fact that landscaping and the pool was incomplete and all the other problems and we were in the middle of nowhere we agreed that it was a fun stay. Everybody was very nice and we had the pleasure of meeting a large party of Bahamanians who were supporting their children at the CAFTA games in Hamilton.
We sat out on our balcony and watched the Bermuda Longtails flit about and boats traveling along the north coast channel.
The stay ended up being lovely, but be careful what you ask for, do your homework, and be on the lookout for the hefty taxes ($50.00 per night).
For convenience and no hidden fees you may be better off going to one of the resorts

Room Tip: No what you are getting and be prepared for better or worse
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nassau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed at Cleaview in April 2012 for the Carifta Games.The pictures shown by a previous reviewer are all real. Don't stay there. The place is infested with roaches! There is mold and mildew and the odor is enough to make you throw up! The appliances are rusty and out-dated and I can't begin to describe the plates and cutlery. I have no idea how the Bermudian government allow them to remain open with those type of facilities. In all my years of travelling I have never ever come across this type of hotel for the amount of money I spent! Bermuda was nice but Clearview is a dump!!

Room Tip: If you have already booked this place, be sure to dDEMAND that you stay in the new rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Hamilton Parish hotels

Been to Clear View Suites & Villas? Share your experiences!