I had stayed at Clear View four years ago with my family and so knew what to expect when my daughter and I arrived. We had booked in to one of the older properties and was pleasantly surprised when we are put in one of the brand new rooms. The room was not ready so we helped the property workers take the plastic off the furniture and clean the windows! Boy was it beautiful until there was a bang on the door only to be notified that we had been placed in the wrong room and should have been in one of the old cottages as expected. After a quick inspection of our assigned room ( a great big ugh!) I quickly decided to pay extra. I was told the new rooms went for between $400 - $450 but I agreed on $300 a night. Already my $600.00 stay had more than doubled.
We settled in quickly. The beds were really comfey, we had an enormous kitchen with all mod cons, an lovely bathroom, no hot water, a running toilet and an overhead fan with a mind of its' own. An expensive Faulty Towers! We fixed the toilet and had the help fix the hot water problem. Nothing we could do about the fan
Despite the fact that landscaping and the pool was incomplete and all the other problems and we were in the middle of nowhere we agreed that it was a fun stay. Everybody was very nice and we had the pleasure of meeting a large party of Bahamanians who were supporting their children at the CAFTA games in Hamilton.
We sat out on our balcony and watched the Bermuda Longtails flit about and boats traveling along the north coast channel.
The stay ended up being lovely, but be careful what you ask for, do your homework, and be on the lookout for the hefty taxes ($50.00 per night).
For convenience and no hidden fees you may be better off going to one of the resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ClearView is located on North Shore Bermuda and is comprised of classic suites, Bermuda cottages and brand new Deluxe Suites, all of which enjoy spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. A short 7 minute drive from the Bermuda Airport and 15 minutes from both Hamilton and St Georges it is ideally located for your Bermuda vacation.Picturesque Flatts Village and the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bermuda, are only five minutes away, as is Shelly Bay Beach and John Smith's Bay on the South Shore.Whichever accommodation you choose will come with air conditioning, phone, cable TV, free internet, fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette, and great views. There are two freshwater swimming pools, a tennis court and restaurant on the property. The Bermuda Airport is less that two hours flying time from the Eastern Seaboard of the USA and with the Bermuda Weather being comfortable all year round why not take a short trip and come see us at ClearView. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Clear View Suites & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clear View Suites & Villas Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Clear View Suites And Villas
- Clear View Suites & Villas Bermuda/Hamilton Parish