“Service that went above and beyond the call of duty.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Get up to 30% Off Room
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Service that went above and beyond the call of duty.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went for a wedding in October and this was our first time to Bermuda.
I was a bit skeptical to stay at the Grotto Bay as I felt it was a bit too close to the airport. Reality was, I hardly knew the airport was there! When we first arrived to our room,were not happy with it (factors that I wont get into). They upgraded us without any hesitation to a much better room.
From this moment, it seemed like the staff did everything they could to make our stay wonderful.
They gave us free wi/fi!
When we were waiting for a cab and the cab driver didnt show up for over 10 minutes, the hotel concierge decided to take us in one of the hotel cars!
Upon arriving back home in Connecticut, I realized that I left a notebook in the room. I called them and they said they would send it out. Since Bermuda is an island and a different country, the rate was almost $100. I said, its not worth any where near that amount. One of the nicest things happened,which was Above & Beyond the Call of Duty! One of the staff had flown to the states and fed-ex it to me at a fraction of the cost.
I want to say Thank You Grotto Bay for such wonderful service. I would stay again and again.

Room Tip: If you dont mind stairs,because there isnt an elevator ask for a room on the top floor (3rd)by the w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Just returned from a girls weekend. This is my fifth visit to this resort, but the first without my husband and the first with just the girls. As mothers it is difficult to leave the family behind and get away with friends to relax and recharge ourselves.We had so much fun, a lot of laughs and much needed rest. We did the all inclusive which was well with the money, It even included floats and water sports.We had great weather high 70's. The rooms were clean and the bedding clean and very comfortable.The staff and food were excellent,it gives you a warm intimate feeling.Not a flashy, busy resort.We are already going to plan ahead for next fall.

Room Tip: ocean front, top floor,end room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Grotto Bay from Oct 24th to Oct 28th. This was our first time staying on the island as we are used to traveling to Bermuda via cruise ship. We were not disappointed. Grotto Bay is just a short drive from the airport. It is a nice place, nestled on a hillside. The view from our room was awesome. The only drawback is that you cannot see a sunrise or sunset from the rooms at this resort and the beach is very small. The shower was a bit of a pain to use since there are no shower curtains, just a half glass wall.....water everywhere. The food here is very expensive......had the breakfast buffet on our first morning and didn't realize that it was $20 plus tip per person, yikes!! So we never ate at the resort again. Frequented the Swizzle Inn just up the road for most of our breakfast and lunch needs. The cave was pretty cool but the water was a bit chilly. All in all we enjoyed our stay at Grotto Bay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The restaurants were very clean and the menu selections were above average. Of course try to avoid the buffets if possible.

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was here from Oct. 13th thru Oct. 21st. I was taking Mom on a trip that I thought would be an easy get away for her. Mom's 81 and we found this property to be challenging. Due to mobility problems I wish I had chosen another resort, i.e., The Fairmont Princess Hotel. I had requested a handicap room with a walk-in shower but this was not available. The staff was very accomendating in the sense that we were moved to a suite after the first 2 nights which did have a walk-in shower. The food was above average and the service was excellent. I would strongly recommend that you take advantage of the all inclusive package as the a-la-cart way is very pricey. The rooms were small and very out-dated. We did have the pleasure of meeting many very nice fellow guests during our stay.

Room Tip: Room #521 is a suite with a beautiful view of the bay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Grotto Bay Beach Resort has a really great thing going for it - a cave on there property. That was definitely an amenity that I had never seen and really appreciated. You can swim in the cave which is both creepy and fun at the same time. The thing is, you don't have to stay at Grotto Bay to go to the cave, so you're better off staying somewhere nicer and visiting Grotto Bay to check out the cave.

Our room at Grotto Bay had a small but nicely renovated bathroom. Water gets everywhere when you're showering because there isn't a shower curtain, just a half glass wall. They don't provide conditioner, only shampoo - so make sure to pack your own if you stay there.

The hotel room itself was in need of updating. The bedspreads reminded me of the 1980s, and the TV looked like it was about a 19 in box that was a good 15 years old. Luckily we were in Bermuda and didn't have a need for the TV.

Our room did have a refrigerator, which came in handy. Unfortunately there's not a grocery store anywhere close, so we only stored water that we'd gotten across the street at what we referred to as the Costco of Bermuda.

We ate lunch at the pool restaurant once. It was overpriced and not very good. The only other food option that is within walking distance is the Swizzle Inn. Once you go once you'll probably never want to go back. It's definitely bar food.

If you walk out of the resort and go to the left and cross the street at the gas station you'll find an amazing trail. We did the hike twice and took all of the paths off the main trail and were amazed by all the caves. It's a definite must while you're in Bermuda.

All of the nice Bermuda beaches are a long cab or moped ride away. Grotto Bay is right next to the airport. I'd recommend staying on a different part of the island, where you have access to the nicer beaches.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
JP M, General Manager at Grotto Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. Pleased to announce that all new bed linens were installed in all Ocean Front Rooms this past week. All new flat screen 40"TV's have been purchased, awaiting arrival.
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I LOVED everything about it!!!! Smaller, quaint and charming. Wonderful staff. Awesome food, gardens, beach. I can't WAIT to go back!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Parish
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 stars 807 reviews

Been to Grotto Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!