“A wonderful vacation spot with a great vibe!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
All Inclusive Supplement
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Hamilton Parish
“A wonderful vacation spot with a great vibe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011 via mobile

Just got back from a wonderful six day holiday spent at the Grotto Bay Resort. It was a terrific spot with great food ,great drink and exceptional staff. Everyone was so friendly and extremely helpful. My husband is a celiac and it was no problem for the chef to make sure he would get the same quality of meals but without the gluten..... Yes the rooms could do with a bit of a make over but they were clean, the beds comfortable and the view was awesome!!!!We will definitely return to this little bit of paradise!

• Stayed November 2011

1,312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful the staff at the Grotto made our Honeymoon. We were treated fantastic by every person we met. Our bartenders for most of the week were Dwayne and Wayne, and my husband couldn't stop talking about how fun they were. They knew exactly who we were by the second day and always said hi to us. Even when they had a different person on with them like Cymone or Nikki, we felt like they never missed a beat.

The waitstaff was absolutely wonderful at every meal we had. Some of the standouts for us were Ben, Raymond, James, Matthew, Cristen, and Victor. By the last couple nights we were actually treated to a "VIP" table on the deck by the beach for our meal. Victor was so fun with his delivery of drinks on a tray on his head. :) The food was to die for, and the atmosphere was perfect. We were given suggestions right from day one on how to best get around the Island, and it was perfect.

The Island itself was absolutely stunning, and I would return in a heartbeat. There was even a waiter who came around on the little private beach asking us if we wanted to have any drinks so we didn't have to get up. We were always made to feel welcome and taken care of. I highly suggest that if you want to have an amazing trip to Bermuda, that you stay here. The all inclusive deal was the best! We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Thank you so much for making our honeymoon a wonderful memory! We will definitely be back at some point (hopefully sooner than later :)), and we will definitely be staying with you again.

Derek and Megan Hoy

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We were a group of 9 so many times it was easier to dine at the resort and we were all very delighted to find that it was so delicious. We had not expected that.

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I took an art group to Bermuda and we stayed at Grotto Bay Beach Resort. After reading conflicting reviews I was a bit nervous, but we were all very delighted with the resort. I loved the boutique hotel decor with its cozy lobby (even a fire), inviting dining areas and the hotel rooms were modern, clean and colorful. The property is unusual as it has romantic coves and hideaways and even a grotto cave where we swam in crystal clear water. The resort is set in a very convenient "neighborhood" with the oldest pub a block away, the famous Crystal Caves within walking distance, 5-star dining (Tom Moore's Tavern) less than a 5-minute cab ride away, and the airport and adorable town of St. George's is a 10-minute ride. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention the staff. They were all very helpful, catered to us as a group, and we will never forget June Ann and EMichael Jones for making us feel like this was our home. EMichael even overturned rocks to find an elusive "whistling frog" for us to photograph.

Room Tip: I think everyone has a peek of the water and the grounds are lovely to view. But there are rooms dir...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We have just returned from a 4-night mini vacation in Bermuda. Grotto Bay was just excellent. The location just moments from the airport is a real bonus as we were sitting poolside eating lunch soon after arrival. As others have mentioned, the staff is amazing, especially the food service people. Kudos to J Michael Jones who found the family of a student I taught over 40 years ago!
We took the all-inclusive plan, unusual for us but definitely a good idea as there is only one restaurant close by and food/drink is expensive in Bermuda. The meals were excellent. The breakfast buffet was our favourite.
Swimming in the grotto was the best part of each day after we returned from exploring. This really is the perfect place to stay in Bermuda.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I will first have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Bermuda despite the rain and strong winds we had 3 of the 4 days we were there. My absolute favorite part of Grotto Beach was the grottoes on the property which you can actually swim in. Goonies-like and very awesome! :)

Another great thing was the staff was extremely helpful and very nice. We read reviews about the food being overpriced, so we decided not to do the all- inclusive which I do not regret one bit. The Swizzle up the road is nothing to rave about. I would go there, drink a swizz, take a pic and save your money and stomach for the cafe by Crystal Cave, a 3 min walk from Swizzle Inn. And please do yourself a favor, and eat the cod sandwich/ burger. It was fresh, reasonable and one of the best dishes I ate on the island.

Crystal cave was cool (but if you go to the Grotto on the resort, you can really skip out on this and save $20) but don't waste your time at Fantasy Cave. The guide has been doing this for a LONG time and although super precious and sweet...he has a name for every piece of stalagmite and stalagmite in the place (i.e.- the 12 disciples, ET, bacon, a singing disciple, a witch, more bacon). : / With the walls closing in on me, no air flow and a 20 person wall between me and the exit... I was either about to scream or drown myself in the crystal blue water.

Needless to say, I escaped and came home in one piece only to find bites all over my legs. It wasn't a massive infestation, but enough to give me the eby jeebies when I researched the internet and found that my bites looked like bed bug. Disgusting. We had switched our first room because we pulled back the covers and found a small garden worm on the bed. I didn't notice any worms in the second room, but nor did I notice any bed bugs either.

I can't say for sure it was at Grotto that I got these bites, but I've never seen bites like this while sleeping in my own bed. :(

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

This resort is very unusual but very special. It isn't ultra luxurious 5 star but a traditional Bermudian 4 star property of real character. The furnishings are very attractive being of a local nature and in the bedrooms you will find more drawer space available than one will often find in the most deluxe establishments. the main attraction must be its fantastic location and attractive layout. The pool and beach area are really out of this world and with the translucent sea, invariably as flat as a mirror, you will find nowhere in the world better to have a cool dip. In fact once in you will not want to come out. The beach is kept immaculately clean and just above the beach is the very attractive pool area with its cafe where lunch is served in the (invariably) good weather (though I understand it does rain a fair bit in Bermuda). If there is a downside to this place it certainly is not suitable for wheelchair bound people as it is on a slope with steps and pathways leading down to the ocean side accommodations and the pool/beach from the main building and although my wife and I each have an arthritic knee we did not find this a problem we could not overcome with reasonable ease. The two restaurants served very good food and the breakfast were as good as you'd find anywhere. The Hibiscus restaurant was more formal than the Palm Court which generally served lighter meals. We were there in late October and after having our dinner there was virtually nothing to do other than perhaps socialise in the rather small bar area. It would have been nice if a piano was playing in the lounge where non drinkers could meet and socialise so we just went back to our room and watched TV or read. i would add that a piano was played in the hibiscus restaurant until 8.15 pm on a couple of nights but there were still people eating when the pianist gave up and it would have been nice if she had stayed until the last diners left. I am given to understand, in all fairness that there is some entertainment in the main season. All in all, though, a touch of paradise.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony without a wall i.e. make sure the room has a metal grid railing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Grotto Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!