“Beautiful Room and Resort” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Tucker's Point Club Drive, HS 02, Bermuda   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Washington DC
“Beautiful Room and Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Overall we had a certain expectation when going with the most expensive hotel in Bermuda. It certainly lived up to our expectations. There is a mix of something for everyone (although not a real party scene). This is where you go when you want to relax. There are two pools at the main hotel, one adjacent to the café and gym that plays music and offers poolside service and another that is surrounded by private cabanas. Both are VERY quiet however. The hotel offers a beach club that is where I would recommend going to feel more social. The beach club offers an infinity pool, a stunning beach, indoor and out door restaurant seating as well as a bar. The unfortunate thing is its accessibility from the hotel, you have to take a shuttle that runs only every 30 minutes....the alternative is to rent mo-peds which we did, that made getting around the grounds easier. We choose a villa room because of the privacy and view. The room was lovely but we did have to call several times for our room service tray to get picked up (then it sat outside for another whole day). All in all, it is money well spent. The Spa is lovely too.

Room Tip: Most all rooms have an ocean view, I would recommend the Villas if you want a better view and more p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Park Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Tucker's Point is only minutes from the airport very easy to get to. The entrance to the property is through the golf course which is very beautiful. From the time we got out of the cab at the entrance until the time we got into the cab when leaving All the employees were overly friendly and genuine.
The rooms were spacious and lovely the restaurants were excellent and even the concierge staff had excellent suggestions off of the Tucker's point campus.

• Stayed May 2013
old tappan ,nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Rosewood has really turned around this piece of paradise. The hotel facilities are top notch with gorgeous views from the rooms to a magnificent beach. The service is almost there with a slip up once and awhile. The biggest problem is the layout of the hotel . It is spread out between the beach , the golf course and the main hotel. The shuttle service is not adequate and the staff knows it . One should not have to wait a half hour to be picked up by the shuttle service . This may seem to be a small item but when you are paying a thousand dollars a night for a regular room waiting for a shuttle is just is not acceptable

Room Tip: Views are incredible of water
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hoboken
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I travel extensively throughout the entire world. This is my families 8th visit to Bermuda. Tuckers Point is supossed to be the best hotel on the whole island of Bermuda and Rosewood since taking over management was supossed to make sure of this. For the most part Tucker's point does live up to it's reputation. The staff seems to be a lot friendlier than the Mandarian and other Hotels on the island and the property is magnificent. However, there are some downfalls that need to be addressed and most of the staff and management are aware of this, so I really hope someone who is a big wig at Rosewood reads this. First, the rate of almost 900 dollars a night for a regular room is crazy considering the size of the room. Second, one night during our stay I called for a bucket of ice and to take 1 hour to bring a bucket of ice with the blame game going from the opeartor to the front desk disputing with room service was not something a guest at Tucker's Point should have to listen to. I can understand if I was ordering a major dinner but for a bucket of ice to take one hour was insane and there are no ice machines on the floors. Next, the shuttle system is also insane and needs to be addressed asap. If the staff and management know it is going to rain hard and there is a possible chance of lightning or thunder all they have to do is purchase some plastic sides on the open shuttle. Another issue with the shuttle is there is only one shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. All I am saying is why can't one of the doormen or even the taxis who sometime sit idle at the hotel drive down and pick up guest at the golf course. Finally, for you golfers everyone is very nice at the golf proshop and very accomadating as well as the course being top notch, but it you plan to play Tucker's point main golf course you should be prepared getting side tracked because on some of the holes there is no way to tell which way the hole is. For example, my family and I were on hole number 15 and assumed hole 16 was straight passed 15 like most golf courses, but of course that was not the case. There has to be more signs on the golf course directing you to the right hole. Overall, I would recommend Tuckers Point as the majority of the staff are very caring and accomadating and the facilities from the Italian restuarant for dinner to breakfast are top notch along with the guest rooms being very clean and housekeeping do a great job. However, what would seem like small issues and easily addressable can really become quite frustrating for the price one pays to stay at Tucker's Point.

Room Tip: With only 88 rooms in the hotel just try to get a good view or a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Duncan_Graham_RTP, General Manager at Rosewood Tucker's Point, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We appreciate you choosing Rosewood Tucker's Point and thank you very much for your recent feedback. Rest assured, we will definitely look into all of your comments and rectify any issues. We sincerely hope to see you again and please let me know if I may personally be of any assistance.
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Bermuda the place is awesome, previously at the Fairmont Southampton which sorry to say needs a refurb hence why we chose Tuckers Point.
Firstly make sure you are staying in the main hotel. The hotel has rooms that are located outside of the main building and it is circa 65 - 70 steps to reach reception and even more to get to the restaurants. Despite the fabulous comments I'm sorry to say we were disappointed. We have previously stayed at a Rosewood resort - Jumby Bay and had the most fabulous time with fantastic service so we felt It was almost a given that we would encounter the same.
The girls on concierge just look and feel as though they just don't want to be there, extremely frosty and it made us feel a tad uncomfortable on many occasions to say the least. The chaps working at the resort were wonderful though to add.
Service in our opinion was lacking in so many areas. I had read a travellers comment previously about the room smelling, I can confirm this. I can only imagine it was coming through the a/c system, they are clearly aware of this as most occasions after housekeeping had visited the room they had sprayed air fresher.
The shower pressure was horrendous a cockroach in our room, not being escorted to our room on arrival and again a previous mention on a past comment no help or advice on anything within the resort so unless you have stayed there before you simply have to find your own way as concierge look at you as though you are alien if you ask (Jennifer in particular) these were only a few negative points out of many. When having conversations with some staff (all levels) to be told they are aware of these issues does verify my above comments
My husband and i are very well travelled having stayed at world class resorts throughout the world (LHW, Relais & Chateaux, One & Only, Prefferd etc) maybe we are just getting more picky so on that basis i am going softly on tuckers point.
When you dig deep this is not a five star resort it actually is only 4 and until they improve in so many areas the extra star will be difficult for them to achieve. Such a shame.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

After staying in late February we came back to celebrate my 40th birthday. Tucker's Point is just an amazing place. Everything you need is right there. Guest services even sent me the most delicious chocolate cake to our room.

Tucker's bar is what keeps us coming back to Tucker's point. The first day we came back and we were greeted by Dominika, such a beautiful person inside and out. Then we got to see the smile of Joab, who remembered us. We actually went late to our dinner reservations because we got to see all the people who made our last experience so wonderful, like Ovidiu. I hope I remembered the spelling correctly! He stopped to say hello, even saw him out on his night off celebrating his beautiful wife's birthday at Rustico's. Then there was Henry who ran to get ice for my husband who was having pain from the kidney stone. Henry got that ice so fast. Faster than I knew my husband was outside having an attack. Then there is JC... JC the restaurant manager is a special person. While my husband was in pain from the kidney stone, he stayed with us outside the conference center until the ambulance arrived. We could have just sat there alone but he was so warm and friendly. Definitely kept me calm as I was completely nervous inside watching my husband in pain on the floor. Jennifer and Charmaine kept calling to see how he was feeling the next day. What great service.

Also at Tucker's bar, Neil and I had great conversation while David played the piano. Godfrey, is a great character who kept us laughing. We got our usual delicious Tucker's burger and calamari. At the point, I had the gnocchi. WOW, so light and delicious. My husband had the steak and the potatoes that were just phenomenal. The chef had just changed the menu, and he knows what he is doing. Also, try the asparagus as an appetizer. It is yummy!! So summery and light.

Claudiu at the pool bar, always got what we needed with a smile! The entire pool staff would ask us where we wanted to sit and would get us set up. Thank you!!!

We were also able to see Dragos who also remembered us from our short stay in February. He was at the beach club restaurant who took care of us.

Once my husband was feeling better, we were able to get to play golf at tucker's point. The course is very well taken care of. The staff there is so helpful. We were able to get out right away.

There is just a special group of people who work there. I said it before, we will be back again.

Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Less than a two hour flight from New York, Rosewood Tucker's Point is truly paradise. My husband and I chose the villa, which had a spacious bathroom, sitting area/bedroom and balcony overlooking Castle Harbor. It was a picture postcard every morning having breakfast on the balcony and overlooking these breath taking views. We took this vacation for strictly R&R.
The rooms were very clean but I am a cleaning but so Of course, I found a chocolate stain on the drapes...mostly like when someone tried to pull it open. The balcony had a small table and chairs and a large lounge sofa. This could have been a bit more freshened up. When we arrived it looked like someone had already lied on it. So I never used. it. You will be charged and additional $30 a day gratuity for hotel service/maid service. Well maybe the staff need just to spruce up the balcony furniture. It would have been more appealing

The beach is clean, staff was just waiting to get us chaise lounge, umbrella, and drinks. Water was warm, clean and no shells. First day we arrived water was a little rough but the rest of the week it was perfect. The pools were maintained beautifully. The larger pool was more family, as we did not have children, we chose the quieter pool, where we were always approached by staff to see if we needed a drink or anything else.

The restaurants are pricey but so are all the other restaurants in Bermuda. We had dinner at the Point which I would say service and our meals were outstanding. Our last night we had dinner at the Italian restaurant which was disappointing...service very poor, the only thing worthwhile was the appetizer bar. Had the pasta with lobster sauce ...which had a few pieces very small and strands of lobster and very salty. Meatballs like rubber. Who's cooking?Would not recommend.

As for the staff, Raymond will welcome you at the door, he is the best of the best. Josh will greet you and make sure everything will be perfect during your stay. Pharoh, who checked us in was the sweetest and most accommodating. One night taxis were in such demand, we were running late for our reservation at Tom Moores tavern, one of the staff drove us so we weren't too late.
I know I can't remember all the names but we were treated with the utmost respect and care. It was truly a pleasure to visit Bermuda; as our last visit was 1987! The island is as beautiful as it's people. It's an island with great pride and it shows all over. Definitely will go back! Thank you Rosewood & Bermuda!!!
Recommend Swizzle Inn, the ice place across the street from it, Fourways Inn.

Room Tip: This hotel is built in a mountain. Lots of stairs, paved ramps....if you are in a villa you are cli...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Tucker's Point? Share your experiences!