There are so many things wrong with this restaurant, particularly its father and son duo, that it would be much easier to list my unfortunate experience in a chronological order.
• Made reservation online for a party of five for Sunday night. Arrived at restaurant. The staff was unaware of the reservation but got us seated within a reasonable timeframe.
• Three of us ordered soft drinks. Came to us in a glass cup from a fountain (you can tell since it tasted flat). Looked to table on my right and saw that they had pop cans beside their glasses. Why serve some customers their soft drinks from cans and other from the fountain? Waiter alerted, and we were given our soft drinks in cans.
• Asked for water on the side as well. This took a while and required us asking a second time. Throughout the meal, we asked for our glasses of water to be refilled: only a selective few of our party would get theirs refilled, while others ignored. Our server Andrea, though inexperienced, was polite and refilled our glasses after pointing it out to him.
• Food was taking too long. Told the owner Joe Lombardo and he replied that they had a communion earlier and that's why they were taking their time. Not really my problem if you can't operate at full capacity.
• A main salad and a pasta ordered by two of our party arrived. Was suppose to be a "warm salad" but it was served cold. Waiter alerted and the salad went back into the kitchen.
• There was a huge time gap between the two above items and the pizzas ordered by our remaining three members. All of the other restaurants I go to have their food arrive at the same time so what's up with this? Again, owner Joe Lombardo gave some reasons to defend this delay instead of arriving at a resolution. Should've said "I'll go check in the kitchen for you" or something similar to let the customer feel as if you understand their concerns.
• As our party dug halfway into their pizzas, the "warm salad" finally arrived at last, this time befitting its description. However, the person who ordered the salad was given slices of pizza to share while waiting for the salad that the appetite for it was gone by the time it arrived. The salad was sent back and deducted off the bill. Overall, the food was mediocre. My pasta with meat sauce at $18 was bland and not worth its value.
• For whatever reason, Joe saw the need to come back to our table towards the end of the meal. Conversed with one of our party members, providing petty excuses for the poor service that night. Things got a somewhat heated. Joe got offended by what was said about the quality of the service. He advised us to "go to a food court next time if we do not enjoy fine dining". Wow, can't handle criticism much?
• Joe personally delivered us the bill. Told us that the other staff at the bar had a good time laughing at us. Really? We told Joe to walk away so that we can pay our bill in peace. Joe was offended, told us that we can't tell him to leave but that he can tell us likewise. Oh Joe, your insults are never-ending.
• Andrea brought the debit/credit machine over to us. We looked over the bill: the salad was deducted, but we were charged an extra $3 on a pizza. They offer a build-your-own-pizza at $11 base, $1 per extra topping. We built one with only one topping, but we got charged for a margherita pizza at $15. Told Joe but of course, he was defensive yet again and refused to own up to his mistake. Eventually, Joe asked his dad who was nearby for $3, in which he slammed onto our table. Is it really that hard to correct the bill?
• Swiped card through machine, but Joe was hovering over the person paying. We asked if he could leave us while we pay, but he insinuated that we would just walk out without paying. After more pointless exchange of words, he finally left.
• We headed out the restaurant to get into our car. Surprisingly, Joe was outside as if waiting for us and stopped us to further converse in a meaningless exchange of words. At this point, the way Joe was acting got to such a ridiculous level that I began to film the altercation on my phone.
• Joe's dad came outside and watched the exchange of words, which definitely wasn't going anywhere. Being the better persons, we decided to walk towards our car and leave. Joe interrupted our leaving again by asking us "besides the service, was everything else fine?" to which we responded that the food tasted pretty bad too.
• His dad let his anger at this comment take over him. He started cursing violently and aggressively charged at the members of our party. If not for the guests seated outside and Joe holding him back, it would have been an assault!
• I wanted to get a good shot of Lombardo senior on my smartphone just in case we may need it. He then burst into another rage of expletives. If not for the guest holding him back I'm pretty sure I would've been charged at as well.
Oh mio dio!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.