“Good Ice Cream” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 179 restaurants in Woodbridge
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good Ice Cream”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went on a Saturday evening and it was really busy - the line was actually out the store. When I got closer to the front I realized that there was only one man working the cash registers. Also, it appeared that the cashier knew a lot of the guests so he was taking the time to speak with each of them without rushing and this caused the serious delay. However, when it was my turn I felt very rushed and he seemed frustrated that I was asking about the different sizes etc. The ice cream itself is actually good. They do have very limited seating so most of the people were outside on the benches and sidewalks - many were even hanging out around thier cars.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Toronto
“Molto Buona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I like their ice creams and my favorite is the pistachio...Usually I go to the St Clair location, because is way more convenient for me. Most of the time is crowded with all ages group of people, but there is no problem because the place is big (big enough for the usual number of customers). It is a good sign of good service and products as well, right? Honestly it is my favorite ice cream parlour in town! I know is not an authentic Italian ice cream, but at least they work hard for it, and make me and others happy.
I recommend it!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vaughan, Canada
“Not the real Italian ice cream”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

If you have tried true Italian ice cream, you will know this is not authentic. However, the price is pretty high considering it's not the real thing!

Visited August 2011
Richmond Hill, Canada
“The original Paloma on St.Clair didn't charge these prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I grew up with Paloma on St. Clair. Back then, it was affordable. Now, it's just a money grabber. The smallest of ice creams is just shy of $5. So for a family of four, it's very likely that you'll be spending over $20 for an Italian gelato. Sure, it's nice to treat yourself once or twice in the summer, but not everyone can afford ice cream at these prices.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A taste of Italy in every cone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Definitely "Best Gelato" outside of Italy. I just returned from Italy - what a cultural trip that was. We ate Gelato every night in Venice. I find La Paloma's Gelato comparable to what I had experienced in Rome, Verona, Milan. Of course, most of the gelaterias (ice cream shops) there are more like 'Mom'n'Pop' cafe/pastry shops with one display of gelato. You'll find a few larger ones like La Paloma in the bigger cities. Viva Gelato!!! La Paloma all summer long...until my next flight back in August.

• Visited April 2011