“Close to Canada's Wonderland” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Toronto North

You added Super 8 Toronto North to your Saves list
Super 8 Toronto North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3400 Steeles Ave West, Concord, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 1A2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Concord

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

In terms of customer service, this was easily the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

From beginning of my stay at check-in, the staff in training was not familiar with how to take my payment option (by debit, as this was a long stay and would go well over my credit card limit if charged all at one time). Instead of asking the help of her superiors, she got rude and irritable until the manager had to show her how to put the payment into the computer.

Later on, I needed to do my laundry and in order to do so I needed quarters. Upon approaching the front desk, the manager refused to give any to me, stating that he had just given all his change out and could not spare any from the till.

Upon check-out, I compared my bill to my co-workers, who had stayed in the same style room as mine, for the same amount of nights. I was undercharged, and upon asking the front desk about this (as my co-worker was worried about getting over-charged), again there was confusion and irritability, as if the incompetence of the staff was somehow our fault.

The hotel itself looked nice on the outside, however the beds were extremely old and hard and the overall rooms outdated. Unhelpful was the fact that hockey teams were resident there for several days during the weekend, and upon calling the front desk nothing was done about it. Walking from the hotel to the Tim Hortons nearby, which is probably about 500 meters away, resulted in getting heckled from the locals and yelled at from passing cars (at 5:00 in the afternoon). The continental breakfast consisted of stale bread and 3 assortment of old cereal.

Overall, this hotel is NOT recommended, as it was an unprofessional, unsafe environment. I stayed for business and my co-workers and I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Abdul A, General Manager at Super 8 Toronto North, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and we apologize for your negative experience at the Super 8 Toronto North.

We are constantly seeking ways to improve our breakfast, however most of what we offer is in accordance with our brand standards and since we do not have a full kitchen, it can be very limiting considering we must feed an all you can eat buffet for hundreds of guests each day. Thanks again for the feedback, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family, and we look forward to being able to accommodate you all again sometime soon!
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

N Macdonald and tim Hortons is in same plaza.very friendly staff. Pull was nice and clean. Sunday morning check out staff lady was excellent and very polite and helpfull.we enjoyed a lot.we will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
Abdul A, General Manager at Super 8 Toronto North, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for your phenomenal review of the Super 8 Toronto North. We are thrilled by your assessment of our property and are humbled that you felt that you were staying at a 4-star hotel! Our entire team tries its level-best to ensure that our guests are made to feel at home throughout their stay! We are thankful for your comments regarding our clean property and friendly staff and are glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to hosting you again!

Been to Super 8 Toronto North? Share your experiences!